Arrow 2016 Orioles season prediction thread

I know it's a bit late (again) but it's a long, long season. With both low expectations and definite talent, I expect them to clinch a playoff berth. I am not optimistic about having success in the postseason. Do NOT wager on these predictions ('off the top of my poor head').

AL East

Boston
    Toronto
    Baltimore
    Tampa Bay
    New Yawk

Every team in the AL East will finish at .500 or above (a first for MLB since divisions were instituted in 1969).

Orioles: 90-72; team ERA: 3.99; team BA: .261

The starting pitching will be better than expected. They will get as far in the playoffs as Showalter's rigid managing style will allow (doubt they make it to the WS). In 2012 and 2014 postseasons, he refused to sacrifice when the game was on the line - even when they faced elimination.
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 04-06-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Re: 2016 Orioles season prediction thread

2-0 baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    I know it's a bit late (again) but it's a long, long season. With both low expectations and definite talent, I expect them to clinch a playoff berth. I am not optimistic about having success in the postseason. Do NOT wager on these predictions ('off the top of my poor head').

AL East

Boston
    Toronto
    Baltimore
    Tampa Bay
    New Yawk

Every team in the AL East will finish at .500 or above (a first for MLB since divisions were instituted in 1969).

Orioles: 90-72; team ERA: 3.99; team BA: .261

The starting pitching will be better than expected. They will get as far in the playoffs as Showalter's rigid managing style will allow (doubt they make it to the WS). In 2012 and 2014 postseasons, he refused to sacrifice when the game was on the line - even when they faced elimination.
    Well I was right about the top three AL East teams. Missed by one on the number of Oriole wins (89). Whatever happens in Toronto on 10/4, I do NOT like the concept of Wildcard games. In baseball, one game is not enough to determine who's the better team.

let's go O's!! a bright spot yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk