Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Monroe quite the weed advocate

Wow, the dude is a full time weed proponent.

https://twitter.com/TheSeventyFifth?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

But it doesn't affect his play or motivation though. No sir.

Would be nice to see that level of passion on the playing field.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Blog Entries

Re: Monroe quite the weed advocate

It reminds me of when Dominque Foxworth became more focused on the NFLPA than being a football player. As people get older their passions change. These guys make so much money that they can devote themselves to things other than work that most of us can't.

Good for him. No different then oyenbdijo and advocating for gay rights.

Blog Entries

Well he's right.

I have no issues with promoting a cause like that, just as I had no problem with Ayanbedejo promoting his cause.

That said, if he gets popped with a suspension then I'd be pissed. We don't know if he actually is smoking weed himself.

No problem for me either, at least not on his opinion. I agree with him.

It definitely does "look bad" though. Guy has been a workhorse his whole career, fighting through injuries to stay on the field. Gets traded, puts in a solid first year. Gets a new fat contract, and suddenly everything is veeeeeery different. He worked out like a mad man but it seems like he's just into fitness, not football.

It's hard as fans, we don't really know even half the story so you hate to speculate. It just feels like he got his big contract and now he's kicking his feet back and focusing on family and his new interest in activism. I mean he's what, 29 or 30? Made a boatload of cash and more coming. Can anyone really say they would do different, with 100% certainty?

Monroe seems like a nice guy and obviously puts in the work in the gym, but something just feels weird about this situation. I hope we trade him. In Tony's latest article he says there have been negotations with the 'skins - surprised nobody's posted it???

Eugene Monroe has fallen out of favor with Ravens fans because of an ability that, as of late, has escaped him – availability. Monroe has been working out feverishly and is said to be in the best shape of his life. Hopefully that spells results on the field. Time will tell.

Monroe’s wife has ties to the area (Howard County) and the growing family is said to be happy living in Maryland. Monroe has been spending time in the DC area working out with Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan. Kerrigan has been so impressed with Monroe’s conditioning and newfound focus that he’s lobbied for Jay Gruden to make a move to obtain the Ravens underachieving tackle.

Monroe is said to be open to the idea, perhaps in part because of DC’s tolerance for marijuana. You probably remember his recent campaign promoting the medicinal value of cannabis.

Apparently Gruden discussed the subject with Team President Bruce Allen who is willing to part with a fourth round pick for Monroe. The Ravens want a third. This one has some legs and is worth watching as the draft draws near.

LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF MARIJUANA
    Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
    Suppression of the immune system
    Growth disorders
    Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
    Reduction of male sex hormones
    Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
    Reduced sexual capacity
    Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
    Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
    Personality and mood changes
    Inability to understand things clearly

Yep. Might as well put a picture of Monroe next to this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goody79 View Post
    Good for him. No different then oyenbdijo and advocating for gay rights.
    That's another good example. As these guys get older football becomes less important. That's the difference between the average players and the great ones like Ray Lewis. That guy breathed football every day of his life

JFC you guys act like Monroe is some lazy fuck who doesn't put in any effort and phones it in. The guy is not Bryant McKinnie partying and getting fat. He stays in shape. He studies film. He's just been injured. His body is failing him. Don't pin his breaking down from playing the world's most physically destructive sport on his laziness. Jeez.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DC Raven View Post
    No problem for me either, at least not on his opinion. I agree with him.

It definitely does "look bad" though. Guy has been a workhorse his whole career, fighting through injuries to stay on the field. Gets traded, puts in a solid first year. Gets a new fat contract, and suddenly everything is veeeeeery different. He worked out like a mad man but it seems like he's just into fitness, not football.

It's hard as fans, we don't really know even half the story so you hate to speculate. It just feels like he got his big contract and now he's kicking his feet back and focusing on family and his new interest in activism. I mean he's what, 29 or 30? Made a boatload of cash and more coming. Can anyone really say they would do different, with 100% certainty?

Monroe seems like a nice guy and obviously puts in the work in the gym, but something just feels weird about this situation. I hope we trade him. In Tony's latest article he says there have been negotations with the 'skins - surprised nobody's posted it???
    I hate to break the news but that's Tony's annual April Fools article. He does it every year. You couldn't get an under-inflated Patriots team football for Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF MARIJUANA
    Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
    Suppression of the immune system
    Growth disorders
    Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
    Reduction of male sex hormones
    Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
    Reduced sexual capacity
    Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
    Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
    Personality and mood changes
    Inability to understand things clearly

Yep. Might as well put a picture of Monroe next to this one.
    C'mon bro that's lazy logic. He still works out harder than 80% of NFL players, up at 5 and 6 am and all this. They did a story about it last year, and you can see how toned he is compared to other OL. We have no reason to believe he's smoking and if he is, it's not making him lazy or unmotivated.

This is more about his dedication to the game and willingness to play through stuff, which is unrelated. Unless, of course, he is refusing to take opiods/other pain meds that other guys take willingly. And perhaps THAT is why he can't play through twisted ankles and other stuff that guys are able to do. A big part of his pro-MJ schpiel is really more anti-opiods due to the addictive qualities. Player addictions to prescription painkillers are well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I hate to break the news but that's Tony's annual April Fools article. He does it every year. You couldn't get an under-inflated Patriots team football for Monroe
    Ah shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    JFC you guys act like Monroe is some lazy fuck who doesn't put in any effort and phones it in. The guy is not Bryant McKinnie partying and getting fat. He stays in shape. He studies film. He's just been injured. His body is failing him. Don't pin his breaking down from playing the world's most physically destructive sport on his laziness. Jeez.
    Bingo.

And there is a substance with known medicinal qualities that might help him with the injuries he is battling. But he is not allowed to take it for some silly reason. It's clearly not a PED, and it could be prescribed by a doctor, and it might help him. But he could lose his job if he's caught using it.

So I don't blame him for wanting to point out the stupidity of the situation.
    "Chin up, chest out."