Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Eric Weddle to join Ravens

According to NFL.com. Thought this could use its own thread?? Few details as of now:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ltimore-ravens

I know some of you will be thrilled, but I've never thought Weddle was all that good. He's 31 and not all that fast. Personally, I'd rather see youth & speed added to the defense

Re: Eric Weddle to join Ravens

Now wait one damn minute here--
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Hearing 4 years with a max of 29M--9M this year

LOL at the butthurt patriots fans commenting on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    According to NFL.com. Thought this could use its own thread?? Few details as of now:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ltimore-ravens

I know some of you will be thrilled, but I've never thought Weddle was all that good. He's 31 and not all that fast. Personally, I'd rather see youth & speed added to the defense
    He's really good. Great signing

Kevin Acee ‏@sdutKevinAcee 5m5 minutes ago

The quote from Eric Weddle just added to story says a lot. http://bit.ly/21rxeFl

"I couldn't be more excited and pumped to be a part of a championship organization who wanted me from Day One," Weddle said via text.

Last edited by WrongBaldy; 03-14-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    LOL at the butthurt patriots fans commenting on Twitter
    and Pitt fans...

In his career, he's recorded 19 interceptions, he's been voted First-Team All-Pro twice, and he's a three-time Pro Bowler. Entering free agency, CBS Sports' Pete Priscovalued him as the fifth-best player available, while Pro Football Focus rated him as the fourth-best player.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    He's really good. Great signing
    Finally we upgrade the defense.

So who gets cut?

Webb? Lewis? Elam?

I say all 3.

Weddle, HIll ( with depth of Brooks and maybe Traywick) looks pretty good to me.

That quote from Weddle gets me fucking fired up.

"I couldn't be more excited and pumped to be a part of a championship organization who wanted me from Day One," Weddle said via text.

With a declining player, nothing will light them on fire like getting shunned at their former team and then heavily pursed by another. He's gonna really wanna give it his all. Book it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

This is a great move as long as he stays healthy. Fills an enormous hole on the defense.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

It's a lot of money for an older guy, but he's a great well-rounded player and our secondary could desparetly use a reliable safety like him. He's more Troy Polamalu than Ed Reed, but that suits me just fine. Very excited about this.

Between getting people back from injuries (Perriman, Steve Smith, Jimmy Smith, Rick Wagner), 2 great additions in FA, and having such a high draft pick, we could make a big leap back to being good this year.

This guy is good, might not be as fast as he once was, but he has an extremely high football IQ, can play center field. You won't see receivers inexplicably running wide open through the secondary nearly as often. I like--no, cancel that, LOVE this signing!