Page 1 of 74 123 ... LastLast

Ravens, Flacco 'Close' to a New Deal - Deal Now Done!

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/969235

Maybe someone can fill me in, but when these reports happen, is it usually BS? Or pretty legit?

I know the other day there were reports that the situation was fluid but moving well.

This looks like a step in the right direction.

Curious as to how people feel. We had length discussions on waiting till next year. It looks like they're set on clearing cap space and pushing Flacco's cap numbers down the line.

Personally, I like it. The Ravens FO seem determined to put a winning team out this year (IE: Not purge and retool the team). At least their actions are in line with what they're saying?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens, Flacco 'Close' to a New Deal

Can't wait to see everyone (mainly national media and advanced metrics pricks) complain about what the new numbers will be.

Blog Entries

No matter what the numbers are, if the Ravens don't win 12 games it will be because of Flacco's "too big" contract," and if they do win 12 games it'll be despite Flacco.

hope they don't overpaid again.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    smh. Please tell me who you think deserves money other than Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/969235

Maybe someone can fill me in, but when these reports happen, is it usually BS? Or pretty legit?

I know the other day there were reports that the situation was fluid but moving well.

This looks like a step in the right direction.

Curious as to how people feel. We had length discussions on waiting till next year. It looks like they're set on clearing cap space and pushing Flacco's cap numbers down the line.

Personally, I like it. The Ravens FO seem determined to put a winning team out this year (IE: Not purge and retool the team). At least their actions are in line with what they're saying?
    The only thing you can ever take away is that they're talking. About a week ago Travis Benjamin and the Browns had all but agreed to a deal according to the media. Then 'talks broke down'. Were they really that close? It's hard to see both sides just giving up if they were.

I don't think the Ravens front office leaks anything real. I look at this as they're talking and both sides agree that something will get done and they aren't miles apart. That's about it though. One day we'll all get surprised by the announcement of a deal but there really is no reason to believe it's around the corner.

Blog Entries

You win the Super Bowl and you aren't at the end of your career like Peyton and there is no way you aren't going to get top dollar. If that wasn't what the Ravens were offering Joe wouldn't even be talking to them. Expect to have your hopes dashed again

Right. They overpaid for a Super Bowl MVP entering his prime.

Hope he is completely healed from his injury and plays good. If one of my wishes doesn't happen, Ravens will just have to endure whatever happens. I'm thinking, Suggs, Pitta, J Smith, Ray Rice(DV) and who else didn't play or play well after getting big bucks, those guys had good money based on what they did, but have fallen short since then for whatever reason.
    That's why Ravens have Cap Hell recently. Always hoping for the best though, it's really all you can do. There are no guarantees with players.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't think the Ravens front office leaks anything real. I look at this as they're talking and both sides agree that something will get done and they aren't miles apart. That's about it though. One day we'll all get surprised by the announcement of a deal but there really is no reason to believe it's around the corner.
    Even with this viewpoint it's still a very positive thing as it's apparently being worked on hard and everybody wants to get it done.
    Certainly beats the alternative of being cap strapped and everybody playing hard ball.
    It baffles me when people flip out because we all know that the numbers will be big but some people would rather let Flacco go and draft somebody else because they don't like the numbers.

I'm hoping you're wrong regarding this news possibly not being around the corner.
    Hopefully we're all pleasantly surprised and we hear very shortly the deal is done.
    I'll stay optimistic and wait and see.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Right. They overpaid for a Super Bowl MVP entering his prime.
    Larry Brown was also a SB MVP and he also was overpaid.