Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This is something I didn't intend to post.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Usher Raymond would like to have a word with you. :)
    Because I watch The Voice I can say I love Usher and Pharrell Williams. I really miss Shakira being on the show going at it with Adam Levine.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I thought Bruno Mars was the shit. He should play Michael Jackson in a movie. IMO he is the only one who comes close on dancing ability and talent.

As for Bouncey, I think she just got bad info it was the Broncos vs. the Black Panthers and got all confused.
    YES!! Bruno totally resembles a younger MJ

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    honestly I thought his performance 2-3 years a go was the greatest ive every seen.
    I also was super-impressed with his show a few SBs ago. Didn't know much about him going in, but I was wowed and really respected him after.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I also was super-impressed with his show a few SBs ago. Didn't know much about him going in, but I was wowed and really respected him after.
    Bruno Mars has 10,000 times more talent than Kanye West. That guy is famous for nothing, like his wife.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Both are terrorist organizations whose main belief is the superiority of one race over another? That was difficult.

Now you get to explain how the Black Panther Party's plan to bomb the St. Louis arch is self-defense. To be honest I don't think you'll answer. If this thread has proven nothing else, it has shown me that when there is proof provided that black people can be just as stupid and racist as white people, it will be ignored. It's fucking pathetic.
    I really didnt want to respond to you but i just couldn't resist after reading your remarks. You strike me as the kind of person that is passionate about your opinion but allows their emotions to get in the way of sound judgment.

Im going to ignore the fact that you failed to connect your video to the halftime show and address my response in a two part reply in that we're dealing with two separate issues. Specifically there's the issue of the half-time show and then there's the issue of the BPP as a terrorist organization.

Before we get started let me ask that if there be any racial animus or bias at play here, let us in the spirit of pragmatism leave it to the side so that we can come to a sober conclusion, agree or disagree.

Now concerning the halftime show, are there aspects of the black panther party's history that may be troublesome for some? Absolutely! But if you read the BPP Ten-Point Program, its very clear that violence was not the official motivation of the organization. But the question is do those troublesome events define the movement as a whole, and is it possible to give a nod as Beyonce did to a particular part of that organization's message without being in wholesale agreement? I think so!

As a self proclaimed "southern bred ravens fan" i cant help but wonder what is your position on flying a confederate flag. Regardless of your position, surely if some Americans and the state of South Carolina, before removing the flag behind the political pressure of a shooting, can make an argument that their esteem for this flag is not of wholesale acceptance of the Confederacy's goals relating to slavery, then surely we can give the benefit of doubt to Beyonce in her nod to the BBP relating to police brutality, and not paying homage to planning a bombing. Should we take lincoln off of our currency and monuments where he is quoted as saying

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races — that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."?????

Thats a real question that you get to answer darb. Maybe you dont have the capacity to compartmentalize your views pertaining to such situations without giving wholesale indictments of guilty by association, but it would seem that your country does.

So either you believe that Beyonce was invoking the BPP message of police accountability or the message about bombing the the St Louis Arch and killing cops.

LOL but wait....surely the same cop hating singer, who supports black supremacy & cop killing didnt do a music video where she acted as a cop, arrests some random black guy, all while being on the brink of cheating on her black boyfriend with her white cop coworker .......no that didn't really happen did it?????......you can either watch the video or take my word for it

Now as it relates to terrorism and the original Black Panther Party for Self defense of the 60's, lets once again put our unbiased and emotionally uninvolved hats on for a second. Before i make my point let me ask you if you would agree or disagree that the acts of violence that were perpetrated against blacks by law enforcement and the people of this country with the protection of the justice system was terroristic in its nature???

The black panthers were a result of racism being perpetrated against a community. The only reason they are perceived this way is because the media of the time was able to paint them with a broad ignorant brush. I wonder if southern confederate waving flag owners would allow their communities to be terrorized by the police, or would they call them patriots.

Blog Entries

620,000 soldiers died fighting sometimes brother against brother to right the wrong in freeing the slaves. Is there a time in the foreseeable future that we can get past all this shit and hit the reset button?

None of us were ever slaves or slave owners. If we can't get past this then this country will die. This is the greatest country that has ever existed. Name one better if you disagree.

We have come so far. Are we gonna torch it all now?

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    I really didnt want to respond to you but i just couldn't resist after reading your remarks. You strike me as the kind of person that is passionate about your opinion but allows their emotions to get in the way of sound judgment. Im going to ignore the fact that you failed to connect your video to the halftime show and address my response in a two part reply in that we're dealing with two separate issues. Specifically there's the issue of the half-time show and then there's the issue of the BPP as a terrorist organization.
    Everybody lets emotions cloud their judgement. In this instance that did not happen. I looked at facts and arrived at the most obvious conclusion. There is no separating Beyonce's halftime show from the Black Panther Party. The military costumes, black power salute and forming the X? Pretty clear references there.

Before we get started let me ask that if there be any racial animus or bias at play here, let us in the spirit of pragmatism leave it to the side so that we can come to a sober conclusion, agree or disagree.
    I've been asking for this for a while, and so far not seeing it. But alright.

Now concerning the halftime show, are there aspects of the black panther party's history that may be troublesome for some? Absolutely! But if you read the BPP Ten-Point Program, its very clear that violence was not the official motivation of the organization. But the question is do those troublesome events define the movement as a whole, and is it possible to give a nod as Beyonce did to a particular part of that organization's message without being in wholesale agreement? I think so!
    https://vault.fbi.gov/Black%20Panther%20Party%20

The Black Panther Party is a terrorist organization. They believe that violence, or the threat of violence, is necessary for societal change. This is at the core of their ideology as evidenced by them walking into the California legislature fully armed.

If you want to see horrible people doing nice things in lists of 10 http://listverse.com/2011/01/31/top-...zis-got-right/ give that a read. I don't care what people claim their motives are. I care about seeing how people act. That's what I judge on and the Black Panther Party, in addition to being listed as a terrorist organization, has a history of violence and murder.

As a self proclaimed "southern bred ravens fan" i cant help but wonder what is your position on flying a confederate flag. Regardless of your position, surely if some Americans and the state of South Carolina, before removing the flag behind the political pressure of a shooting, can make an argument that their esteem for this flag is not of wholesale acceptance of the Confederacy's goals relating to slavery, then surely we can give the benefit of doubt to Beyonce in her nod to the BBP relating to police brutality, and not paying homage to planning a bombing.
    My opinion on the Confederate flag is irrelevant to this discussion. You should compare the Black Panther Party to the Klu Klux Klan. Those are organizations with members who share a number of ideals. Or do you think it would be okay for me to support only part of what the KKK stands for? Absolutely not. "Be not diversely yoked with unbelievers; for what participation [is there] between righteousness and lawlessness? or what fellowship of light with darkness?" 2nd Corinthians 6:14

Should we take lincoln off of our currency and monuments where he is quoted as saying

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races — that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."?????
    I've always hated Lincoln. Neither here nor there.

Thats a real question that you get to answer darb. Maybe you dont have the capacity to compartmentalize your views pertaining to such situations without giving wholesale indictments of guilty by association, but it would seem that your country does.
    And here we go with the insults. Took a bit longer than usual, and you at least attempted to hide it, but it's there.

I have repeatedly shown where the Black Lives Matter movement and the Black Panther Party are racists, preach violence, and in general act like a KKK rally without the white sheets. Every counter argument has boiled down to me not "compartmentalizing" my views. These counter arguments hold no water because I have listed multiple examples. If it were just one per movement, you would have an excellent point. Going back to Lincoln, if I were to assume all actors were assassins because of Booth then I'm not compartmentalizing. However, I provided no less than three for both BLM and the BPP. Once is an outlier, two is a coincidence, three is a trend.

So either you believe that Beyonce was invoking the BPP message of police accountability or the message about bombing the the St Louis Arch and killing cops.
    No. That's an either/or fallacy. I believe that Beyonce's halftime show showed support for the BLM movement which has a history of violent rhetoric and quotes a woman convicted of the execution style murder of a police officer on their homepage, and the BPP which is a terrorist organization.

LOL but wait....surely the same cop hating singer, who supports black supremacy & cop killing didnt do a music video where she acted as a cop, arrests some random black guy, all while being on the brink of cheating on her black boyfriend with her white cop coworker .......no that didn't really happen did it?????......you can either watch the video or take my word for it
    Irrelevant. Matt Dameon played a genius in Good Will Hunting. He is not a genius. This topic was about her halftime show and it's racists overtones.

Now as it relates to terrorism and the original Black Panther Party for Self defense of the 60's, lets once again put our unbiased and emotionally uninvolved hats on for a second. Before i make my point let me ask you if you would agree or disagree that the acts of violence that were perpetrated against blacks by law enforcement and the people of this country with the protection of the justice system was terroristic in its nature???
    I'm not falling into this trap. If I agree that that the attacks by the Klan were terrorists attacks, then you'll say the BPP was right to fight back using violence. If I say no, you'll accuse me of racism.

Terrorism, no matter the skin color of the terrorists, is wrong. That's why I hate the KKK and BPP equally.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

620,000 soldiers died fighting sometimes brother against brother to right the wrong in freeing the slaves. Is there a time in the foreseeable future that we can get past all this shit and hit the reset button?

None of us were ever slaves or slave owners. If we can't get past this then this country will die. This is the greatest country that has ever existed. Name one better if you disagree.

It's built on a lie. Sure they were hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers that perished in the civil war. But to think that the slavery was the motivation for the conflict involves a bit of naïveté. Lincoln didn't free slaves in the Union, only in the Confederacy.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dNuBCXj5YOE&autoplay=1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Everybody lets emotions cloud their judgement. In this instance that did not happen. I looked at facts and arrived at the most obvious conclusion. There is no separating Beyonce's halftime show from the Black Panther Party. The military costumes, black power salute and forming the X? Pretty clear references there.

I've been asking for this for a while, and so far not seeing it. But alright.

https://vault.fbi.gov/Black%20Panther%20Party%20

The Black Panther Party is a terrorist organization. They believe that violence, or the threat of violence, is necessary for societal change. This is at the core of their ideology as evidenced by them walking into the California legislature fully armed.

If you want to see horrible people doing nice things in lists of 10 http://listverse.com/2011/01/31/top-...zis-got-right/ give that a read. I don't care what people claim their motives are. I care about seeing how people act. That's what I judge on and the Black Panther Party, in addition to being listed as a terrorist organization, has a history of violence and murder.

My opinion on the Confederate flag is irrelevant to this discussion. You should compare the Black Panther Party to the Klu Klux Klan. Those are organizations with members who share a number of ideals. Or do you think it would be okay for me to support only part of what the KKK stands for? Absolutely not. "Be not diversely yoked with unbelievers; for what participation [is there] between righteousness and lawlessness? or what fellowship of light with darkness?" 2nd Corinthians 6:14

I've always hated Lincoln. Neither here nor there.

And here we go with the insults. Took a bit longer than usual, and you at least attempted to hide it, but it's there.

I have repeatedly shown where the Black Lives Matter movement and the Black Panther Party are racists, preach violence, and in general act like a KKK rally without the white sheets. Every counter argument has boiled down to me not "compartmentalizing" my views. These counter arguments hold no water because I have listed multiple examples. If it were just one per movement, you would have an excellent point. Going back to Lincoln, if I were to assume all actors were assassins because of Booth then I'm not compartmentalizing. However, I provided no less than three for both BLM and the BPP. Once is an outlier, two is a coincidence, three is a trend.

No. That's an either/or fallacy. I believe that Beyonce's halftime show showed support for the BLM movement which has a history of violent rhetoric and quotes a woman convicted of the execution style murder of a police officer on their homepage, and the BPP which is a terrorist organization.

Irrelevant. Matt Dameon played a genius in Good Will Hunting. He is not a genius. This topic was about her halftime show and it's racists overtones.

I'm not falling into this trap. If I agree that that the attacks by the Klan were terrorists attacks, then you'll say the BPP was right to fight back using violence. If I say no, you'll accuse me of racism.

Terrorism, no matter the skin color of the terrorists, is wrong. That's why I hate the KKK and BPP equally.
    Damn lol......how many times can one invoke the 5th amendment in a single reply??

I see where im quoted but its almost like you're having a conversation with yourself at points. I respect your right to voice your opinion but i don't think that i agreed with a single thing you said. And before i get into a lengthy point for point reply, while fighting the urge to insult you in the process.....let us agree to disagree.

Blog Entries

620,000 soldiers died fighting sometimes brother against brother to right the wrong in freeing the slaves.
    This is inaccurate! Im not mad at you because this is how we were all taught in school.

I would encourage you and anyone else that has been mislead by this country's educational system, pertaining to historical accuracy, to read this book, and then do your own homework.

liesmyteacher.jpg

not sure if this was a response to me but my point had little to nothing to do with slavery.
    Last edited by Everything_Ravens; 02-19-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    It's built on a lie. Sure they were hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers that perished in the civil war. But to think that the slavery was the motivation for the conflict involves a bit of naïveté. Lincoln didn't free slaves in the Union, only in the Confederacy.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dNuBCXj5YOE&autoplay=1
    Shame on you for posting the unauthorized version of MLK in a public forum lol