Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I'm so happy Peyton got a second one

The only QB to win SBs with two different teams. I think he's the only QB to take two diff teams *to* the SB.

I respect the hell out of Cam, I think he would have made a good champion too. But it's extra nice to see Manning get the icing on the cake. I hope he rides off into the sunset

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: I'm so happy Peyton got a second one

I'm afraid we are going to be "Papa John is on your side" to death this year
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I am so happy, too, for Peyton Manning.

Not only that, but I can put him ahead of Brady on my all-time list now with the accomplishment:

1. Joe Montana
    2. Johnny Unitas
    3. Peyton Manning
    4. Tom Brady
    5. Otto Graham

*I am not a Brady fan, but I'll try to stay objective.

Blog Entries

I'm not happy at all that the Broncos won. I would be happy if Manning never won a championship

(Craig Morton started for the Cowboys and Broncos, but lost both)

happy for also. honestly he played like crap, but the Panther's defense had something to do with that.
    here's hoping he retires.

personally I'm happy for Wade Phillips. Home Bum was watching.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

I like Peyton. I'm happy for him but I haven't seen a QB do less to win a Super Bowl game since Trent Dilfer. Peyton more didn't lose then game than win it. The Broncos set a record for the least offensive yards for a winning Super Bowl team. 194! The 2000 Ravens had 244 total for anyone wondering.
    Last edited by GOTA; 02-08-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I like Peyton. I'm happy for him but I haven't seen a QB do less to win a Super Bowl game since Trent Dilfer. Peyton more didn't lose then game than win it.
    This is so true. Not to be catty because I have grown to respect Manning and wanted him to get another one but let's face it : if ever there was a team and game where the defense did the heavy lifting it was this one.

Score one for the old guys beaten up gus. And if you knew my leven of hate for Man Ning before 2012 you would understand how what a trunaround/chanel of hearth that was for me..

I would have been fine with either team winning. Newton was a fun story this year. His guys love him and he has a lot of glory ahead of him. The guy is a monster. This was kind of a stress free superbowl that way. Either team winning was fine by me.

That Denver D though...WOW... that's what a championship team looks like.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The only QB to win SBs with two different teams. I think he's the only QB to take two diff teams *to* the SB.

I respect the hell out of Cam, I think he would have made a good champion too. But it's extra nice to see Manning get the icing on the cake. I hope he rides off into the sunset

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    IIRC Warner did the same with the Rams and Cards.

:word to all of this though. I like Cam too and Im confident hell get another crack at this. And Peyton got the fairy tale ending (mostly) everyone was hoping for.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    This is so true. Not to be catty because I have grown to respect Manning and wanted him to get another one but let's face it : if ever there was a team and game where the defense did the heavy lifting it was this one.

Score one for the old guys beaten up gus. And if you knew my leven of hate for Man Ning before 2012 you would understand how what a trunaround/chanel of hearth that was for me..

I would have been fine with either team winning. Newton was a fun story this year. His guys love him and he has a lot of glory ahead of him. The guy is a monster. This was kind of a stress free superbowl that way. Either team winning was fine by me.

That Denver D though...WOW... that's what a championship team looks like.
    I'm with you. I wanted a defensive Super Bowl and was happy to get one. Von Miller and Kony Ealy were terrific. Both put their teams in positions to win. That Broncos defense just happened to make more plays than the Panthers defense. My kids hated the game. My daughter was falling asleep in the 4th quarter and told me to wake her up when something happens.

As an old Ravens fan, I love watching defense. That spin move of Von Miller's was the best part of the game. I know the younger generation and the casual fans will hate it but I thought it was an enjoyable game.

I called the Broncos on this one because I knew that their defense would turn it up. That was a hard hitting ball game in the end with Von Miller rightly taking the MVP award. I'm happy that Manning will go out on top now like Ray did in 2012/13. I can't see him returning after this season because the arm strength just isn't there now and this was abundantly evident tonight. Bring on next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Peyton has thrown a grand total of 3 TD passes in 4 SB appearances. That is pathetic.

He has 6 playoff games with a rating of 100+... the same as... Joe flacco. Except throughout way more playoff games.

And he just got handed a SB win.

He better retire.

Blog Entries

I'm glad to see him go out on top. Classy hard working guy who was just a player on the team at this point in his career.

But the smarts helped and the D was smothering. Now he can ride off into his next life challenge

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!