Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 Season Ticket Invoice emailed today

I received the invoice for 2016 Season Tickets today via email. Posting for those who may overlook their email or have this go to spam. The email stated paper copies of the invoice would be sent by snail mail today.

Prices indeed same as last year (and the year before)

Re: 2016 Season Ticket Invoice emailed today

ugh!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The Orioles STILL haven't done this .............

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    The Orioles STILL haven't done this .............
    I was wondering about that. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one and that the Orioles haven't decided to cut me off for some reason...

Blog Entries

We all knew this was coming but this is the earliest I ever remember them sending out invoices

Jon Meoli ‏@JonMeoli 4m4 minutes ago

A comprehensive rating system placed M&T Bank Stadium as the second-best gameday experience in the NFL. http://bsun.md/1SHsxWO #Ravens

Blog Entries

It's kind of crazy since this season isn't even over yet.

In all seriousness, thanks for the heads-up. I get so much junk paper mail it could get lost or thrown out...maybe even on purpose.

I sure hope the Ravens don't charge full face value for pre season games again. I can't recall the number but I feel like about half of the NFL teams tiered the pricing on the tickets ie; Ravens Pre Season is lowest tier...well maybe Ravens Browns will be right there at that lowest Tier.

Prime time game Steelers at Ravens would be at a higher or highest tier.

Makes no sense the way it is today that a pre season game is the same cost as a prime time in season game with playoff implications.

He'd be the perfect spokesman for Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    In all seriousness, thanks for the heads-up. I get so much junk paper mail it could get lost or thrown out...maybe even on purpose.

I sure hope the Ravens don't charge full face value for pre season games again. I can't recall the number but I feel like about half of the NFL teams tiered the pricing on the tickets ie; Ravens Pre Season is lowest tier...well maybe Ravens Browns will be right there at that lowest Tier.

Makes no sense the way it is today that a pre season game is the same cost as a prime time in season game with playoff implications.
    Nah, I'm good just the way they are right now and would just assume they leave it that way.

Doesn't make a damn bit of difference what value is placed on each ticket as the final bottom line figure for the seasons tickets will be the same.

What does matter to me is that if the pre-season tickets are seriously reduced in ticket face value it seriously reduces the amount I can use as a tax write off when I donate the majority of those tickets to special olympics, etc.

Face value for my tickets is $140.00 each.
    I donate the pair for one game it's a $280.00 tax write off.
    They drop that down because they're "pre-season" tickets I lose money.
    The recipient of those tickets doesn't care what the value of the tickets are as they're getting the same game day experience as they would if the face value was $5000.00 each.

In addition, raising the face value of "premier" type games (Steelers, etc.) would make it more difficult to sell the tickets via NFL ticket exchange if I needed to as well as cut down my profit percentage on those tickets.

If I list those tickets right now for $300.00 each it's a little over a 100% mark up and generally speaking is relatively obtainable (sometimes more) depending on how the season is going for us and whoever that "premier" opponent is doing.

They start tagging those games with inflated face values it would make it nearly impossible to recoup that same percentage of profit depending on how they tagged them value wise.

To be clear, I'm not in this for profit as a business the way brokers are but as my season ticket prices increase as they have over the years it is becoming more difficult to afford now and having to sell some offsets my cost.
    Screwing with the face value numbers does nothing but make the tickets appear more valuable but to season ticket holders that buy the whole season they have no more value than they have had all along.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post

Please stop! STOP!

Look at your bottom line for your tickets. That is what the Ravens will get from you, if the preseason tickets go down the regular season will go up to compensate.

THIS HURTS YOU!

If you wish to sell your preseason tickets you will have a higher face value to negotiate from as they are, a lesser if you get your wish. If you donate your tickets to a charity, which a lot of us do, WE GET A HIGHER WRITE OFF as it currently is, we would get less if you get your wish.

Basically, you will send the Ravens the same money in any case but will lose value in these preseason tickets if you wish to do something other than attend.

If I had my preference the preseason game would each be 50% of the total and the regular season tickets would come free with the purchase of the preseason games. Then I would donate them.