Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best Teams of All Time (super bowl winners)

http://predictionmachine.com/Ranking...-Champion-Ever

Ravens come in #13 and #33 - not bad at all. Definitely a few head scratchers on there also

Re: Best Teams of All Time (super bowl winners)

1999 Rams as the number one superbowl team of all time. I can't buy into that.

Also not buying into the 2002 Buccaneers at number ten.

yea the 2002 bucks irk a lot of folks. i had no idea the 96 packers finished first on O, D, and ST!!

F this list for ranking my 1970 Baltimore Colts last.

They would have definitely beaten the 2006 Indy Colts, who are ranked second to last!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    yea the 2002 bucks irk a lot of folks. i had no idea the 96 packers finished first on O, D, and ST!!
    Yeah, that '96 Packers team was special. I hated them, because my 49ers got owned by them, lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yeah, that '96 Packers team was special. I hated them, because my 49ers got owned by them, lol.
    Yeah, those packers teams handled San Fransisco in the playoffs a couple of times. It wasn't until the Owens catch that the 49ers finally beat them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The first Super Bowl I can remember was the Raiders beating the Eagles, so I can't really comment on the first 15 years before that, but for my money, that 1985 Bears team was just ridiculous. Most impressive team I ever saw, IMHO.

The '99 Rams? Gimme a break. Lightweights playing in a weak division inside a dome.

Better than the Rams, there were some pretty powerful Steelers and Cowboys SB champs, and the best team of all-time: '85 Bears.

Following the Bears as all-time best should be two teams which did not make the list of all-time NFL best teams because they didn't win the SB: The '68 Colts, who set an all-time modern NFL record of 10.3 points/per game (matched by our '00 Ravens), and the '76 Steelers, who allowed an amazing 28 points and 5 shutouts in their 9 game winning streak following a 1-4 start.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    The first Super Bowl I can remember was the Raiders beating the Eagles, so I can't really comment on the first 15 years before that, but for my money, that 1985 Bears team was just ridiculous. Most impressive team I ever saw, IMHO.
    I don't remember watching the first two super bowls, but remember from the Colts vs. Jets on.
    That 1985 Bears team was ridiculous. They would have been undefeated as well if not for that night game in Miami where Marino went off(quick release) and I believe McMahon was hurt. And I think he came off the bench, correct me if I am wrong and tried to lead them back, but couldn't do it.
    They were undefeated whenever he started that year.

But their defense was unbelievable and no one had an answer yet to that 46 defense since it was so new. Also, the Bears defense was better statistically the next year, 1986, when they lost in the playoffs.
    That is the record the 2000 Ravens defense broke, not the 1985 Bears defense.
    If we only had a championship offense paired with that most smothering defense.
    In fact, the 1985 Bear's offense was ranked number 2 as well, so...
    To me, with McMahon starting, that was the best super bowl team of all time.
    And the Cowboys, Niners and Steelers had a couple of teams to be put up top of that list.
    It really is hard to pick and choose but the Rams are not even in the top 10 as far as I am concerned.
    They won their one title by a yard. That doesn't show me dominance.

And that Niner team with Young at QB fails to mention they won that year due to Deion (and his 3 pick sixes AND over 300 yards in INT return yardage) on their team and when he went to the Cowboys, forget it.

I remember watching Montana and the Niners and you just knew, no one could stop them.
    So if we pull out the Rams team then I would go with that first 5 after that.
    And leave it at that. After that, it just becomes subjective and what you would consider more important statistically.

Not much respect for the Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The '99 Rams? Gimme a break. Lightweights playing in a weak division inside a dome.

Better than the Rams, there were some pretty powerful Steelers and Cowboys SB champs, and the best team of all-time: '85 Bears.

Following the Bears as all-time best should be two teams which did not make the list of all-time NFL best teams because they didn't win the SB: The '68 Colts, who set an all-time modern NFL record of 10.3 points/per game (matched by our '00 Ravens), and the '76 Steelers, who allowed an amazing 28 points and 5 shutouts in their 9 game winning streak following a 1-4 start.
    18-1 pats?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    If we only had a championship offense paired with that most smothering defense.
    I mean...technically we did, LOL.