Page 5 of 365 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Player Notes/Rumors

Peyton Manning - QB - Broncos

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Peyton Manning has "told close friends" that he'll retire following Super Bowl 50.

Conventional wisdom says this is it for Manning. He'll be 40 next month and experienced a sharp decline at the end of last season that carried over into 2015. Manning's arm is simply shot after 10,384 passing attempts across 18 seasons in the league. If the Broncos win Sunday, it's a virtual lock Manning will call it a career. Either way, Sunday is likely his final game.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

As he should. Hell of a career. I hope he rides that all world defense right into the sunset.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSizzle55 View Post
    Whoa Sword, it sounds like your're trying to apply logic to Browns decision making. I've given up on that and figure they will do whatever makes the least amount of sense and I will shake my head and go "it's the Browns." Glad they are in my division.
    My God..............YOU'RE RIGHT!!! In the words of Frylock, "Damn, what the hell was I thinking?".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Supposedly the Ravens were interested in Wallace previously. That's why I even brought him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully they've learned their lesson. Wallace has now failed with 2 different teams. He just doesn't have it anymore. I wouldn't go near this guy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hopefully they've learned their lesson. Wallace has now failed with 2 different teams. He just doesn't have it anymore. I wouldn't go near this guy
    I don't think he failed in Miami.

I think you're using the contract they gave him against him. They horribly overpaid for the guy - no doubt - but 10 TD's isn't failing IMO. Not on a team with a QB that is deathly afraid to throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'd like to know what SSR thinks about Mike Wallace.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

how are teams able to sign guys early? or are these future contracts?

Source: The #Redskins have agreed on a one-year deal with DE Ziggy Hood. Hood is 28, stands 6-3 and weighs 300 pounds. Played mostly in PIT.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Hood was cut by the Bears in December. Anyone could've signed him at any time.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    If the player is currently a FA - as opposed to having his contract expire in March (end of 2015 league year) - then the players can be signed.

Hood was released by the Bears (?) in November (?). So, just like PS players, whose contracts expire at end of season, players like Hood can be signed now.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

I think there may be more going on in Detroit as it pertains to Megatron.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I don't think he failed in Miami.

I think you're using the contract they gave him against him. They horribly overpaid for the guy - no doubt - but 10 TD's isn't failing IMO. Not on a team with a QB that is deathly afraid to throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.

Contract is always a factor when you evaluate a player. That's why the Vikings aren't bringing him back. Wallace won't sign for something reasonable. At least he won't until he sits on the market for a while. Some team is going to pay him. It won't be top WR money but it will be at least what the 49ers paid Torrey Smith last year. That won't be us

Blog Entries

I think there may be more going on in Detroit as it pertains to Megatron.
    Sounds like he just wants a year off. He was really banged up last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back in 2017