Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Shazier > Mosely

Seems like the guy was a big playmaker/difference maker for the Steelers down the stretch.

Don't know where things will stand in a few years but he seems to have leap frogged CJ this year.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Re: Shazier > Mosely

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    Seems like the guy was a big playmaker/difference maker for the Steelers down the stretch.

Don't know where things will stand in a few years but he seems to have leap frogged CJ this year.
    Ehh not to sure on this one.

Think both guys are talented. Still think that Mosely will get back on track next year and end up the better more consistent pro. Time will tell.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

About even right now I think. Mosely wins year 1 and Shazier takes year 2. Both are good pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    About even right now I think. Mosely wins year 1 and Shazier takes year 2. Both are good pickups.
    Yea this is a case where its not really either/or .....both guys are really good. I would take either one of them over that nitwit Burfict.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Shazier has missed a ton of games. He can't be better if he can't stay healthy.

He definitely had a better year than Mosley. CJ took a step backwards. I guess we can blame that on the Suggs injury too. Seems to be the flavor of the day.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    He definitely had a better year than Mosley. CJ took a step backwards. I guess we can blame that on the Suggs injury too. Seems to be the flavor of the day.
    Injuries, scheme and technique (wink, wink). All those things conspired to kinda throw a monkey wrench in the CJ express.

I tend to think he will learn from it and come back next year with better talent around him and better understanding of what it takes to sustain excellence in the NFL. I have faith though he will still be a very good and productive player in the middle for years to come.
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Injuries, scheme and technique (wink, wink). All those things conspired to kinda throw a monkey wrench in the CJ express.

I tend to think he will learn from it and come back next year with better talent around him and better understanding of what it takes to sustain excellence in the NFL. I have faith though he will still be a very good and productive player in the middle for years to come.
    Yeah, I agree. Actually CJ had a pretty solid year as compared to Shazeir. Had his supporting cast been more productive I doubt we would be having this conversation. Also, I don't think CJ has missed a start yet. Shaz has missed several.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Maybe, maybe not. Can't recall shazier helping the steelers beat the Ravens. Pretty sure Mosley did better in those games. That's all that really matters to me, LOL.

Both are good at run stopping. CJ's biggest issue this year was pass defense. You always here Shazier's name in run defense, but not so much in pass defense.

It would be nice for Mosely to rebound next year.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Shazier is super athletic. However, the guy has been injured a lot. Can't become a good player from the tub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Both are good at run stopping. CJ's biggest issue this year was pass defense. You always here Shazier's name in run defense, but not so much in pass defense.

It would be nice for Mosely to rebound next year.
    :word Shazier is still built like a Safety and because of his frame you can pencil him for a missed game or two every year.

Both guys are better at stopping the run than defending the pass at this point and I still contend that Mosley was banged up for most of the year.