Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Who Went To The Ravens-Steelers Game?

For those who went to the game, I had a few questions.
    If you don't mind, could you answer?
    Thanks.

1) Where there a lot of Stillerz fans there?
    -How many, what % would you say?

2) Was this the normal amount of fans the Stillerz bring?
    -If not, what is?

3) How did the turnout of Stillerz fans compare to other teams?
    -Compared to Washington/Philly/Giants/Patriots/Cowboys/etc where do the Stillerz rank in terms of turnout?

4) Just curious, how does the turnout of Stillerz fans in Baltimore compare to when the Yankees are at Camden Yards. Is it comparable?

On TV, it looked like there was a lot. I can't say a percent or amount, but I saw plenty of black and gold albeit well out numbered by Ravens fans.
    It sounded though like there were not that many. I mean, the past few seasons, it has seemed like PIT has brought fewer fans to Baltimore than just about anywhere.
    It looked like there were a lot more than it sounded like, but even then, it seemed 15% MAX....nothing like what the Yankees bring to Camden Yards. Am I right?

Re: Who Went To The Ravens-Steelers Game?

Quote Originally Posted by bluecountry View Post
    For those who went to the game, I had a few questions.
    If you don't mind, could you answer?
    Thanks.

1) Where there a lot of Stillerz fans there?
    -How many, what % would you say?

2) Was this the normal amount of fans the Stillerz bring?
    -If not, what is?

3) How did the turnout of Stillerz fans compare to other teams?
    -Compared to Washington/Philly/Giants/Patriots/Cowboys/etc where do the Stillerz rank in terms of turnout?

4) Just curious, how does the turnout of Stillerz fans in Baltimore compare to when the Yankees are at Camden Yards. Is it comparable?

On TV, it looked like there was a lot. I can't say a percent or amount, but I saw plenty of black and gold albeit well out numbered by Ravens fans.
    It sounded though like there were not that many. I mean, the past few seasons, it has seemed like PIT has brought fewer fans to Baltimore than just about anywhere.
    It looked like there were a lot more than it sounded like, but even then, it seemed 15% MAX....nothing like what the Yankees bring to Camden Yards. Am I right?
    i thought it would be worse. i will say 20% piss yellow and black. on the way down the stairs i started a j-e-t-s chant. some steeler shit said the jets lost. i said bull shit they won and you are on the outside looking in and we put you there. this has to be one of the best home victories for the ravens. it also might be the biggest upset in the NFL this year.

come on jets against the bills next week. the piss yellow and black were well behaved except for one female in our section who wouldn't shut up.

I would estimate it was 8:1. There were about 5,000 empty seats, so that would be about 7500 Yinzers. Far fewer than I thought there would be, but double what has been recent history.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

There were definitely far more yinzers then in many past years.
    You can definitely attribute that to the Ravens being what they are this year and the Steelers still in the hunt.
    I guarantee that if the roles were reversed there's no way in hell there would have been that many yinzers there.
    They were there in numbers but were rendered useless due to the home teams ability to keep them and the Steelers themselves in check.
    It was a beautiful thing to witness in person.:ww:
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 12-27-2015 at 10:40 PM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I would estimate it was 8:1. There were about 5,000 empty seats, so that would be about 7500 Yinzers. Far fewer than I thought there would be, but double what has been recent history.
    This is about as accurate as you will find though I might put the empty seats a bit higher.

Rendered useless, I love it :)

I could tell this game had a feel of previous Steelers games once they (Steelers) came out of the tunnel. LOTS of boos.

One thing that I don't get...I saw a decent amount of Steelers fans waving their towels when their own team was facing third down. Wouldn't that be counter productive/distracting?? I even saw some before Steelers fg kicks. WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I could tell this game had a feel of previous Steelers games once they (Steelers) came out of the tunnel. LOTS of boos.
    I arrived late and was inside the stadium but not yet at my seat when suddenly there was a thundering of BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! And that's when I knew that (1) the Steelers had taken the field, and (2) even in a down year Bawlamer fans still have it in 'em. It was beautiful.

I have to think that charged up our players a bit.

One thing that I don't get...I saw a decent amount of Steelers fans waving their towels when their own team was facing third down. Wouldn't that be counter productive/distracting?? I even saw some before Steelers fg kicks. WTF??
    I saw that too! It was baffling. Maybe the yinzers really are as dumb as we say they are?

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Rendered useless, I love it :)

I noticed this late in the game, especially. I think by that point they were just desperate to wave those stupid things. They had very little to cheer about today. That made it hard to get a gauge of how many there were. Definitely more than I've seen probably since the 90s; even the four guys next to me sold their seats to Pitt fans (couldn't believe it, as they've been there since '98, like me). Just made the win all the sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    I noticed this late in the game, especially. I think by that point they were just desperate to wave those stupid things. They had very little to cheer about today. That made it hard to get a gauge of how many there were. Definitely more than I've seen probably since the 90s; even the four guys next to me sold their seats to Pitt fans (couldn't believe it, as they've been there since '98, like me). Just made the win all the sweeter.
    This makes me LOATHE those damn towels even more. At least wave them with a purpose! #fail

10. Re: Who Went To The Ravens-Steelers Game?

Yea...it definitely since 2009 has seemed like the amount of Stillerz fans in Bawlmer is completely different than it was pre-2008 which in turn was way different than pre-1998?

I don't get why every season the TV announcers, no matter who they are, bring up as they did today about there being many black and gold....because at least on TV...it seems what the Stillerz even today brought to Bawlmer was exponentially less than what either:
    -The Yankees bring to Camden Yards
    -The Penguins bring to Verizon Center

Am I right?

I concur that it was about 20%. They were very rowdy before the game and I even heard the comment 'it was over before it started'. I am positive the majority of them were expecting the Ravens to lay done and hand the Steelers the win. It was great schadenfreude to see the dejected faces at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I saw that too! It was baffling. Maybe the yinzers really are as dumb as we say they are?
    I think these were mostly local (oh, but they travel so well) Steeler fans who probably ordered their towel just for this game. Probably never even been to a game.

Here is some visual evidence from Section 524 that Bmore was very well represented today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-iZ...ature=youtu.be

I noticed many newbies wearing purple and they were loud. Hats off to folks in the nose bleeds who sold to supporters of the Purple & Black and way to be loud, non-season ticket holders!