Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Other Games Thread 12-27

I love this:

DENVER – The Cincinnati Bengals came to Denver with two goals in mind: Win the AFC North, and clinch a first-round playoff bye with the No. 2 seed. Both could have been met with a victory Monday night against the Broncos – but the first was taken care of for them by the Baltimore Ravens.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...loss/77950686/
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Announcers just said Baltimore lost to Steelers. The announcers are getting as bad as the refs.

Blog Entries

Boldin got his 1000th reception today.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Bob Costas is on a mission to change the overtime rule. Funny how it was only changed to what it is now because Peyton Manning and the Colts lost under those old rules, and now that New England lost it's suddenly a rule that needs to be changed again. If it was Detroit of Tampa Bay that lost today in overtime instead of the Patriots without touching the ball, Bob Costas wouldn't be saying boo.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Bob Costas is on a mission to change the overtime rule. Funny how it was only changed to what it is now because Peyton Manning and the Colts lost under those old rules, and now that New England lost it's suddenly a rule that needs to be changed again. If it was Detroit of Tampa Bay that lost today in overtime instead of the Patriots without touching the ball, Bob Costas wouldn't be saying boo.
    That was so dumb.

Week 17's Vikings-Packers game has been flexed to Sunday Night Football.

The NFL schedule makers leave open the Sunday nighter every year to ensure it's filled by a critical game. Originally scheduled for 1:00PM ET, Vikings-Packers will move to the 8:30PM ET time slot as both teams vie for the NFC North crown. The loser will either be the No. 5 or No. 6 seed. Minnesota will be coming off a blowout win over the Giants. Green Bay will be returning home after a blowout loss in Arizona.
    :T2:

Upset Sunday - in so many games!

The Pats won the toss and elected to kick off! Their own fault.

I agree with you. But I also agree with him (actually I didn't see his segment, but you know what I mean). I've always thought it was stupid that both teams don't get a shot with the ball in OT. It makes even less sense after they changed the rule so the other team DOES get a shot if it's a FG, but not if it's a TD? Seems like a totally arbitrary double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I agree with you. But I also agree with him (actually I didn't see his segment, but you know what I mean). I've always thought it was stupid that both teams don't get a shot with the ball in OT. It makes even less sense after they changed the rule so the other team DOES get a shot if it's a FG, but not if it's a TD? Seems like a totally arbitrary double standard.
    Personally, I think it should be a 15 minute quarter. Then, if still tied, it should go to a FG shootout, free kick starting at the 40 and going back 5 yards each time.

Okay, maybe not that second part.

Personally, I think it should be a 15 minute quarter. Then, if still tied, it should go to a FG shootout, free kick starting at the 40 and going back 5 yards each time.

Okay, maybe not that second part.
    Haha. My wife thinks baseball games should go to a HR derby instead of extra innings if tied after 9.

They flexed us for that?

BS