Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OBJ Vs Norman

Re: OBJ Vs Norman

It's one thing that soccer does pretty well. You start getting chippy, the ref comes and talks to you. Keep it up, you'll get a yellow card. If you still don't stop, you leave the game, and your team has to play a player short. It gives the refs some discretion to keep the game from getting chippy without significantly affecting the game unless someone is really playing recklessly.

The NFL refs have very little teeth in preventing something like this. Both of them were going at it, so you can throw flags on both of them. But then you're just talking about offsetting penalties, so who really cares? Ejections should be more common in football. Certainly Beckham deserved one for that bullshit yesterday.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I miss this hardcore NFL, but in today's game, you can't do this type of shit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I liked the fire and intensity they played in the line of play. The hand fighting, physical presses and tackles. That's what football is about.

But what OBJ did was out of line no matter what era of football this is. Difference is, back in the day, he would've gotten his ass handed back to him ten fold on the next play. The players policed each other back then.

Taking that helmet to helmet cheap shot knowing Norman or other Panthers can't react accordingly without getting an even more severe penalty was and is a punk move.

I respect his talent but lost some respect for him personally yesterday...just a dirty hit, unnecessary...hopefully he grows up

"Chin up, chest out."

OBJ lost his mind and the game suspension is deserved. Norman need to be fined because nothing happens in a vacuum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I saw the whole game. Just a couple minutes into the game OBJ dropped what would've been a 60 yard touchdown. After that he seemed out of it. Then Norman and OBJ started jawing at each other and a little shoving after the play. OBJ lost it from there. He wasn't even running routes anymore. Straight up head hunting. The big helmet to helmet hit was probably the dirtiest play I've ever seen. It was well after the play. Lucky Norman wasn't hurt. OBJ should've been ejected and should be suspended at least one game.
    I think the NFL saw it the way you did. OBJ suspended.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I saw the whole game. Just a couple minutes into the game OBJ dropped what would've been a 60 yard touchdown. After that he seemed out of it. Then Norman and OBJ started jawing at each other and a little shoving after the play. OBJ lost it from there. He wasn't even running routes anymore. Straight up head hunting. The big helmet to helmet hit was probably the dirtiest play I've ever seen. It was well after the play. Lucky Norman wasn't hurt. OBJ should've been ejected and should be suspended at least one game.

No no no NOPE

This is the dirtiest of all time.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    No no no NOPE

This is the dirtiest of all time.

True. I stand corrected.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I heard a report that supposedly some members of the Panthers brought out black baseball bats during the pregame warmups and made threatening gestures towards ODB. Normnan was actually caught on camera swinging one. If that were the case, I can see how he could have been shook and dropped that easy TD. That might also explain why he lost it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I heard a report that supposedly some members of the Panthers brought out black baseball bats during the pregame warmups and made threatening gestures towards ODB. Normnan was actually caught on camera swinging one. If that were the case, I can see how he could have been shook and dropped that easy TD. That might also explain why he lost it.
    It was one player. A PS player in street clothes and they always bring it out before every game as a symbol to "bring the wood" and for a player thats down for the season. Its being used as a scapegoat by NY media, imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    It was one player. A PS player in street clothes and they always bring it out before every game as a symbol to "bring the wood" and for a player thats down for the season. Its being used as a scapegoat by NY media, imo.
    Oh ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Now they're blaming it on the Panthers carrying around black bats before the game and allegedly threatened OBJ. I've seen them with those bats before, guess it's a prop they use.

Let them play and if it's dirty, throw the flag. it's football.
    Do you know why ODB was upset? They called him the worst thing you can call someone!!!