Thread: A little humor

A little humor

Well, I got back from the game last night and was anxious to post some thoughts and see what everyone else thought about the game.

After sitting down at my PC, I was about to log on when I spilled my water onto my keyboard.

Let me preface what happened next by saying that I threw back quite a few beers last night.

So my keyboard has water on it and I had to act fast. So I went into the bathroom and grabbed my girlfriends hairdryer. Smart move I thought. Dry out the keyboard as fast as possible to save it.

So I plug in the hairdryer and go to work. Im holding the keyboard upside down so that any excess water will drip out as well. Things were going well until I felt some intense pain on the top of my foot.

I looked down and there is some black gooey substance on my foot. I was stunned for a second and then looked at the keyboard. Half of the spacebar key was burning my foot.

Yes, I successfully melted the keys on my keyboard.

Those hairdryers are more powerful than I thought.

Anyway, I thought it was a good story worth sharing. I just got back form BestBuy and Im up and running again.

:D

PP

Re: A little humor

Ahhhhh, the power of the first food group!
    SS

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Very funny poe.

Did you know a keyboard has more germs than a toilet seat.Don't eat while you are typing.You may wake up with fur in your mouth in the morning.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Doh!!!

Thanks for the laugh PP.

My wife spilled tea in the keyboard the other day...but she didn't use the hair dryer lol. If that happens to you again in the future, do what she did. Turn the keyboard up on its end and drain as much water out as possible. Then, use some canned air to get the rest out and dry it.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdog89
    My wife spilled tea in the keyboard the other day...but she didn't use the hair dryer lol. If that happens to you again in the future, do what she did. Turn the keyboard up on its end and drain as much water out as possible. Then, use some canned air to get the rest out and dry it.
    That's what I did as well when I spilled water or something on the keyboard. Just let it drain out and dry on its own.

Great story Poe!

If you spill something with sugar in it (like Coke) on your keyboard, that stuff can interfere with the contacts, rendering it useless. Like the others said, its best to drain and air dry.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Keyboards (for the most part) have no capacitors to hold a charge, so it is perfectly acceptable to submerge them in water and then allow them to air dry or use the LOW setting on a hair dryer. I have done this many times with 100% success.

I killed a laptop keyboard with a huge glass of diet Dr. Pepper! Ended up replacing the entire keyboard

My friend spilled a 20oz bottle of cherry soda on his laptop. It messed it up so bad he ended up getting a new laptop.

Blog Entries

nice job poe!

Still not as good as the professor at my school who spilled tea on her laptop, then decided to leave it open and on it's side to drain the tea...of course, she tilted it so it COLLECTED on top of the POWER SUPPLY. Also, this was within days of purchasing said laptop. And it was a Mac.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!