Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #3 draft pick

Re: #3 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    That's....that's just ridiculous.
    Really because JJ Watt was taken 15th IIRC. Bosa is a great player but I don't know if he has the pass rush upside (16+ sacks) that you want in a Top 5 pick.

Blog Entries

11th. And that is completely irrelevant. Bosa is a better looking prospect than JJ was coming out. Doesn't mean he's going to be JJ Watt and even half of him. Bosa is a top 5 pick in every single draft.

Blog Entries

I should point out that if Watt had followed a similar college path I think he would have been the top pick in the draft. The biggest reason he went under drafted is because of inexperience at the position.

And Watt isn't the comparison for Bosa. It's Michael Strahan or Jared Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    11th. And that is completely irrelevant. Bosa is a better looking prospect than JJ was coming out. Doesn't mean he's going to be JJ Watt and even half of him. Bosa is a top 5 pick in every single draft.
    You maybe right. You're certainly adamant. I haven't watched a ton of these 2016 prospects but it will be fun to talk about over the coming months.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The Clowns will be ahead of us so that is like a free move up in every round because you know we don't want whoever they pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The Clowns will be ahead of us so that is like a free move up in every round because you know we don't want whoever they pick.
    LOL so true

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    LOL so true
    It also works as a filter on our board in case a Clown worthy pick is on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    You maybe right. You're certainly adamant. I haven't watched a ton of these 2016 prospects but it will be fun to talk about over the coming months.
    I'll concede that Bosa is not a 'generational' prospect but there are not many of those. I'd say in the past 10 drafts the only truly 'generational' prospects have been Andrew Luck and Jadaveon Clowney. And if you want to lower the barometer of the term you could add Ndamakong Suh. That's not to say there haven't been generational players obviously, but I'd say those three, and specifically the former two, are worthy of the term 'generational'. And of course Clowney ended up with a major knee problem and is likely to have a short career.

I know this is the unpopular opinion, but if we end up top 3 I'm all for a trade down to a QB hungry team.

If we could pick up a 1st in 2017 plus keep a pick in the top 10-15 we could acquire some solid talent over the next 2 years.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I know this is the unpopular opinion, but if we end up top 3 I'm all for a trade down to a QB hungry team.

If we could pick up a 1st in 2017 plus keep a pick in the top 10-15 we could acquire some solid talent over the next 2 years.
    I don't hate it or love it. Depends how much QB's float up the draft board. If it looks like 2 QB's will go in the top 6 then I don't mind trading down to 7-9 spot. Don't particularly want to go down further than that. I think this team needs high quality talent. I think there's a decent amount of depth at most positions and we already have a lot of picks.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I don't hate it or love it. Depends how much QB's float up the draft board. If it looks like 2 QB's will go in the top 6 then I don't mind trading down to 7-9 spot. Don't particularly want to go down further than that. I think this team needs high quality talent. I think there's a decent amount of depth at most positions and we already have a lot of picks.
    I agree. I mean it all depends on the outcome.

Even trading down just 2-3 spots can pick you up an extra 2nd.

I posted this in the draft thread:

2014: Cle trades #4 overall to Buffalo for #9 + 1st and 4th in 2015
    2014: Min trades #8 to Cleveland for #9 + 145th
    2013: Oak trades #3 to Miami for #12 + 42nd
    2013: Buf trades #'s 8 and 71 to St Louis for 16, 46, 78 and 222nd
    2012: St Louis trades #2 to Was for first round picks in 2012 (#6), 2013 and 2014, plus 2012 2nd round pick (#39)
    2012: Minnesota trades #3 to Cle for #4, 118, 139 and 211
    2012: Tampa Bay trades #5 to Jacksonville for 7th and 101
    2011: Cleveland trades #6 to Atlanta (JULIO) for 27th, 59th, 124th + 1st and 4th in 2012.

In 2012 Oak traded #3 for #12 and #42.

So in that scenario

Say we traded our #3 for 12 and 42, exact same. We'd haev picks 12, 35-38 (from our original 2nd) plus 42.

3 picks in the top 50 means we can get some solid players. Then you're addressing OLB, WR and CB with top 50 talent. Plus having comps we could use a 4th to move around.

I don't know, it obviously depends on the value, but I don't think i'd be opposed.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Ya. If we traded down I'd like to see us use our other picks to trade our second back into the first then, or something like that. I'm wanting Quality in this draft. Thankfully it's pretty deep defensively so it's one of those drafts where you could net two very good starters on D if you somehow got two picks in the first.