Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Buck Allen Benching

Curious to hear what others say about this. To me, Allen still gives us the best chance to compete in that game. He's shown up well in the passing game as a receiver and picking up blitzes, and is as effective as anyone else we have taking handoffs.

If he was a chronic fumbler, you'd think the Ravens would already know that from his college tape (and not have drafted him) or from practice reps, and he would already not be in the game in the first place. So I'm assuming everything checks out with him Monday through Saturday, else he wouldn't be seeing the field on Sundays to begin with.

But as we all know it's “standard procedure” to bench Rbs for fumbling because... oh I don't know, maybe Vince Lombardi did it back in the day or some shit... who really knows? But everybody “knows” that it's just “what you do.”

Of course, you don't bench a quarterback who rolls out the pocket holding the ball like a loaf of bread and lets it get stripped away. Why.. that's different!

And all those pick – sixes? Could have happened to anyone... a facemask penalty with 0:00 on the clock and the Jaguars at midfield? Blow a coverage and let the other team cartwheel into the end zone ... no problemo, amigo!

But.. a FUMBLE!!! GADZOOKS!! To the bench you must go!!!

I don't get it. So many other plays in football EQUATE to a lost fumble but don't result in benching. You know who SHOULD have gotten benched though? How about the idiot who called the fake punt on 4th and 9 in a 14-7 game?

But no, by all means, lets' bench a guy who needs live NFL reps, in a game where we're already waving the 'Fuck It Flag of Surrender' anyway by running our goddamn punter up the middle.

Blog Entries

Re: Buck Allen Benching

I am going to say this, Harbaugh is struggling this year, and he is very inconsistent with his intent of the team this season, you say you want to give younger players a shot but yesterday we hardly seen that, the young guys barely got snaps, we have nothing to lose John play the youngsters let them struggle if they struggle, it's their adversity to overcome they are getting valuable playing time against starting competition you can't ask for a better scenario in terms of evaluating what you have for next season.

You benched Buck for a fumble but you allowed Jernigan to keep playing after that bullshit...smh, if you are going to play your young guys let them play if you are going to yank guys for under-performing and making mistakes? then be consistent with it.

Blog Entries

Exactly what I'm saying. He's not consistent. And he has made some dicey calls himself -- acknowledging I guess that the team isn't good enough to win without crazy stunts. So he's letting himself make mistakes, he lets some guys make mistakes, but other guys are getting the "hey, we're playing Championship football here" treatment. And I don't get it.

If he gets the first carry against the Steelers, then I'm OK with it.

Harbs has pretty much established at this point that nothing gets you riding the pine like fumbles, and I think it was good for West to get some snaps. If he's just being consistent, then OK.

Now if it's a more permanent spot in the doghouse, then yeah that's pretty stupid.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Blog Entries

Harb's comments after the game were something along the lines of "you put your best players on the field. Guys who fumble aren't our best players".

It was to send a message IMO.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Two weeks in a row that he fumbled. And both were costly in terms of points for the other team. That's why it was done. No problem with it.

He can't win with fans. People yell about the team not having discipline, yet when he comes down on a player, people yell about that.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Harb's comments after the game were something along the lines of "you put your best players on the field. Guys who fumble aren't our best players".

Neither are guys who throw interceptions, guys who miss tackles, guys who blow coverages, guys who commit dumb penalties. Why aren't any of those guys getting sent a message?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

I understand that and if we were playing for something fine and all I am all for the dog house but we are playing for nothing, these are young guys they are going to face adversity now is the time to let them face and try to conquer their adversity it will either make them or break them...Harbs need to follow his damn word

Blog Entries

I think Brent Urban had the most snaps out of all the young guys yesterday and that was like 11..smh...let them play Harbs!!

why isnt pees in the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I think Brent Urban had the most snaps out of all the young guys yesterday and that was like 11..smh...let them play Harbs!!

after the bye

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Two weeks in a row that he fumbled. And both were costly in terms of points for the other team. That's why it was done. No problem with it.

He can't win with fans. People yell about the team not having discipline, yet when he comes down on a player, people yell about that.
    but he allowed Jernigan to continue playing and how many times he made a bone head play that cost yards and 1st downs and eventually TDs? There is no consistency with Harbs this season.