For your procrastination pleasure, the last Ravens game at Memorial Stadium

Got caught up reminiscing about mediocre football of days old (as opposed to mediocre football of today) and came across this on the Youtube. Includes pre-game and post-game coverage.

Refs sucked even worse in 1997 when replay was on hiatus. I can't believe there was a 5 minute delay to determine if it was 3rd or 4th down.

Some nice hits on there by 52. He always brought it extra when facing off against Eddie George.

Re: For your procrastination pleasure, the last Ravens game at Memorial Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post

Got caught up reminiscing about mediocre football of days old (as opposed to mediocre football of today) and came across this on the Youtube. Includes pre-game and post-game coverage.

Refs sucked even worse in 1997 when replay was on hiatus. I can't believe there was a 5 minute delay to determine if it was 3rd or 4th down.

Some nice hits on there by 52. He always brought it extra when facing off against Eddie George.

Unfortunately the biggest thing I remember from that day is the utter chaos after the game. Pure pandemonium. People were ripping out benches and seats to take with them. Taking anything that wasn't bolted down (and in some cases even things that were). I even saw people stealing the large ketchup and mustard containers from the concession areas. SMH.

Anyone ever see the documentary a local guy made about the end of memorial stadium called "The Last Season". It won the MFF in2002 I think and the DVD was a hot Xmas gift that year locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Unfortunately the biggest thing I remember from that day is the utter chaos after the game. Pure pandemonium. People were ripping out benches and seats to take with them. Taking anything that wasn't bolted down (and in some cases even things that were). I even saw people stealing the large ketchup and mustard containers from the concession areas. SMH.
    Ah yes, the socket wrenches and pliers that made their way into the stadium so that bleachers could be handed over the open end. I was in that part of the stadium and watched what reminded me of the chaos of Black Friday in a good economy.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Ah yes, the socket wrenches and pliers that made their way into the stadium so that bleachers could be handed over the open end. I was in that part of the stadium and watched what reminded me of the chaos of Black Friday in a good economy.
    Some most have been thinking and preparing ahead of that final game. Security today may have prevented that, LOL.

Pretty sure that same channel's got our game vs the colts, 2006 playoffs. Might break your hearts, but its nice to see real defense.
    Hi, I'm the 2000 Ravens defense and I have DirecTV.

And I'm the 2015 Ravens defense and I have cable

Blog Entries

I was there! I remember the last play run by the Colts. Very exciting day.

haha i was there and only can remember people stealing benches..this was back when i was a teen and didnt care as much as i do now