Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Clausen should start every game.

The brain trust already knows what Schaub can do. They will need a backup for next season, and he shouldn't be it. Give Jimmy the next four games to see if he can be that guy next season. I know the games are against tough competition, and our offensive line is in tatters, but they can still get a good idea of his abilities.
    Al

Re: Clausen should start every game.

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    The brain trust already knows what Schaub can do. They will need a backup for next season, and he shouldn't be it. Give Jimmy the next four games to see if he can be that guy next season. I know the games are against tough competition, and our offensive line is in tatters, but they can still get a good idea of his abilities.
    Then the back up can start after Clausen goes down. SMH. Schaub, more then likely is out this week if you go by Coach talk.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Then the back up can start after Clausen goes down. SMH. Schaub, more then likely is out this week if you go by Coach talk.
    By week 17 they may have a drawing where 10 lucky fans will get to QB the team that day.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    By week 17 they may have a drawing where 10 lucky fans will get to QB the team that day.
    I wouldn't call the winners of that drawing "lucky" if they value their health!

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I wouldn't call the winners of that drawing "lucky" if they value their health!
    Well there's a reason there's 10 of them

Blog Entries

Clausen is not an unknown commodity. They should already know about his abilities or lack thereof. 5th year in the league, 52% completion, 1-11 career record, he's basically garbage as a football player. I don't need to see Clausen play these next four games to know that neither he nor Schaub is a viable backup or potential early season starter for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    By that logic, shouldn't they just start Renner? There's enough of a book on Clausen to know that, like Schaub, he's not very good, either. Let's see if Renner's preseason success was a fluke.

Blog Entries

Do people really still care? I don't care which one of these jokers starts. Just get us a better draft pick.

Can he stay healthy that long?

Blog Entries

Any team that starts Clausen is by definition in a pickle... ::ducks::
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Any team that starts Clausen is by definition in a pickle... ::ducks::
    You're in rare form today, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    By that logic, shouldn't they just start Renner? There's enough of a book on Clausen to know that, like Schaub, he's not very good, either. Let's see if Renner's preseason success was a fluke.
    I'm thinking the same.

Clausen was the Panthers 1st pick (2nd rd) in 2010. This is from the Panthers website:
    2010: Selected in the second round (48th overall) of the NFL Draft by Carolina...Played in 13 games with 10 starts...Completed 157-of-299 passes for 1,558 yards and three touchdowns with nine interceptions to produce a 58.4 quarterback rating...Rushed 23 times for 57 yards...Became the fifth rookie starting quarterback in team history....

2011: Inactive for all 16 games for Carolina.

2012: Inactive for all 16 games for Carolina.[/I]

Cam Newton was the Panthers 1st pick (1st rd) in 2011. This also, is from the Panthers website:
    Selected in the first round (first overall) of the NFL Draft by Carolina...Started 16 games...

As I said in a previous post.. if Renner is capable of starting a game, put him in. Yes, his game in the preseason was against rooks and scrubs.. but WTH is there to lose?