Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This STAT says alot, REFS have it in for us

Listening to Ed Norris this morning they brought up a great topic. Wallie Williams was talking about Elvis Dumervil interview and I thought about this during the browns game. There has only been (1 holding penalty) all year on our opposing offenses. That is a HUGE STAGGERING statistic that deserves the Ravens to hire an investigator to go over every game film for the year and see what REFS were intentionally not calling.

Think about that. Its been 12 games over 400 Offensive snaps they said and only 1 HOLDING Penalty.

Yes our defense has been bad, yes our pass rush has not been there but with all the penalties called against us and how bad the officiating has been this warrants an investigation. Hire a REF to watch game film, put together a summary of what should have been called vs what wasn't called our favor.

Re: This STAT says alot, REFS have it in for us

Blog Entries

What about those phantom calls that made them lose games? Chris Johnson run at AZ comes to mind.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

How many is average? How many is the team that has gotten the second fewest?

Meh.. soft pass rush.

I don't know if this is accurate, or if I'm even reading the right thing, but I think this is saying offensive holding has been called against our opponents 7 times this season:

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/...ding?year=2015

Is that right? 7 is still fewest the league, but it's a far cry from 1.

1 on passing downs

NOTE: Nevermind the nflpenalties.com link that I posted and also Derf posted. It is *INACCURATE*. I can confirm that they counted defensive holding penalties as offensive in at least a couple of examples I looked at just to see. The numbers on that page are NOT correct for offensive holding penalties. I have no idea what other source might be out there that is more credible but that one is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    NOTE: Nevermind the nflpenalties.com link that I posted and also Derf posted. It is *INACCURATE*. I can confirm that they counted defensive holding penalties as offensive in at least a couple of examples I looked at just to see. The numbers on that page are NOT correct for offensive holding penalties. I have no idea what other source might be out there that is more credible but that one is useless.
    Yeah, I deleted mine when I saw you had posted the exact same graph. You'd think if they were going to be so obsessive over states, they'd record them accurately. Still, we're pretty low on the list and I know our pass rush is anemic but we do blitz alot which would IMO count for a couple more holds over 12 games. But, who knows....maybe it's just us thinking we're getting screwed again and we're really not in this case.

Blog Entries

There's no doubt the referring has been awful and it has in fact decided games. But I can't see how the refs have it out for us. Dallas got screwed last year and so did Detroit. I've even seen New England have very questionable calls go against them. As for the lack of holding calls, when you don't really have a pass rush I guess the o-line doesn't need to hold. I'm not sure it matters because the bigger issue is the officiating needs to be be improved all around.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    There's no doubt the referring has been awful and it has in fact decided games. But I can't see how the refs have it out for us. Dallas got screwed last year and so did Detroit. I've even seen New England have very questionable calls go against them. As for the lack of holding calls, when you don't really have a pass rush I guess the o-line doesn't need to hold. I'm not sure it matters because the bigger issue is the officiating needs to be be improved all around.
    Pretty much. I think it's less they're out to get us, and more they just don't give a crap. There's been some pretty obvious misses though. The Pitt game comes to mind.

Refereeing has been horrible access the board IMHO.