WSJ Ten Most Painful Teams To Watch in NFL

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-most...tch-1449620227

A former football team from Baltimore ranks #1 on this list and Ravens not on this list.

Amusing.

Blog Entries

Re: WSJ Ten Most Painful Teams To Watch in NFL

What's interesting to me is that defense is not something worth watching according to lists like this. We used to hear that all the time back in Ravens first Super Bowl era. As Ravens fans we appreciated and loved watching defense but the casual fans want offense and specifically passing offense. The only teams on that list that I've watched a lot this year have been the Panthers and Jets. Both have been a lot of fun but defense is absolutely part of the reason why.

I long for the days of excellent Baltimore defense.

Blog Entries

This guy didn't see the Washington / Dallas game on MNF. That was tough to watch.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This guy didn't see the Washington / Dallas game on MNF. That was tough to watch.
    I fell sound asleep I never fall asleep watching football

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What's interesting to me is that defense is not something worth watching according to lists like this. We used to hear that all the time back in Ravens first Super Bowl era. As Ravens fans we appreciated and loved watching defense but the casual fans want offense and specifically passing offense. The only teams on that list that I've watched a lot this year have been the Panthers and Jets. Both have been a lot of fun but defense is absolutely part of the reason why.
    :word

But part of the equation is the NFL shift to passing emphasis ... they want more scoring, more offense, more "exciting" plays

People in general don't appreciate defense but people who really follow the game like us do appreciate it.

Agree wholehartedly on Jets/Panthers they were two teams I had in mind with my comment in another thread
    http://forum.russellstreetreport.com...66#post1036166
    I almost want to cry when I watch exciting aggressive defenses, part is remembering Ravens past, and the other part is having gruel set before me when seeing BBQ ribs at the next table over.
    The pendulum is swinging back a little, I'm seeing more offensive pass interference recently than I can remember (including the bogus one against DBrown) .... If they were calling like this years ago, Michael Irvin would have had had Frank Walker like penalties called on him every game.
    They had to adjust because receivers were getting away with murdering the game..... screens, picks, shoulder bumps .....
    but it helps make a game unwatchable if I have no real interest in either team winning or losing, just more stoppages and call-backs

Watching Michigan State/Iowa and some of the WR coverage catches, and some of the DB last second deflections away from the WR was very enjoyable despite a 6-3 halftime score .... DAllas at Washington was boring despite a 6-6 end of 3rdQ score
    I enjoy good D, but the O must be good that they are playing against ... good D against an inaccurate noodle armed QB is not really enjoyable, unless it is my team crushing somebody ... I don't want to see close exciting games for the Ravens, I want to see blow-outs every time (but I sit through the nail-biters), I'll take the nail-biters with the TampaBays playing the Lions or something
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I'd be happy just watching the teams play the game - stop the Zebras from doing their best to show up the players with all the laundry they throw on the field.

yeah, I love watching Defense and power running. I miss those days.

I like their criteria! Thoughtful. It's a decent list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I like their criteria! Thoughtful. It's a decent list.
    Agreed, I read it last night when I read the whole WSJ (I'm still a newspaper guy) and it made a lot more sense. I always enjoy their unique spin on things in the league

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    I fell sound asleep I never fall asleep watching football
    Slighty OT, but the only night game I ever fell asleep for was the Dolphins-Jets "Monday Night Miracle" game. Missed all of the Jets scoring 30 in the 4th and winning in OT, and woke up just in time for the post game interviews...

Blog Entries

Not worthy of a new thread but today the story is about the lowly NFC East. Not a short read but pretty entertaining: http://www.wsj.com/articles/warriors...705899?tesla=y