Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What's up with Matt Ryan and Kyle Shanahan?

Is it Matt? Is it Kyle? What happened to the wonder work?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: What's up with Matt Ryan and Kyle Shanahan?

Last week Freeman was out so it was an easy pick against them. But Ryan is struggling to read coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Roddy White - WR - Falcons

Roddy White said he wants the Falcons to take more deep shots on offense.
    White has a point. Atlanta ranks 15th in pass attempts which travel more than 15 yards in the air, but Matt Ryan has completed the fourth-most of those passes this season. The Falcons have had success pushing the ball downfield, but they have not been attempting enough deep passes recently. With the offense struggling, perhaps OC Kyle Shanahan will dial up more deep shots this week.

Blog Entries

Currently listening to the Pardon the Interruption Podcast, I'm going to channel my inner Tony Kornheiser for a moment..........................ahem.....

Let me tell you something...............Kyle Shanahan.........is a prick. Joe Flacco will probably give him the same stoned look he gives everybody, but I can almost guarantee you that Flacco would want...to strangle him. He might be willing to put up with the restrictive approach of a Gary Kubiak, who actually has an impressive offensive resume. He's not going want to do that for Kyle Shanahan, because Kyle Shanahan is a tool, with no real offensive resume. Mike Shanahan's variation of the West Coast is better. Gary Kubiak's variation of the West Coast is better. Kyle Shanahan is the wannabe genius flash in the pan that fizzles like soda pop when your grandma doesn't want it to overflow when she pops the top.

And another thing. Gary Kubiak's system giving Flacco his best regular season accomplishments, is not an indictment that it's the best system for him. It's an indictment of the.......poor, and borderline horrible offensive structure that Flacco's had to deal with over the years, that makes Kubiak's system look like a Godsend.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Matt Ryan chokes no matter who the coach is. He is one of those guys who is a lot worse than his stats

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Let me tell you something...............Kyle Shanahan.........is a prick.
    I was going to say the same thing. Ego, ego, ego.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Matt Ryan chokes no matter who the coach is. He is one of those guys who is a lot worse than his stats
    This. It kills me because I REALLY like Matt Ryan.

I think Joe is incredible in the playoffs because he's selfish. He's selfish for victories. He might not show it, but the way he plays in the playoffs it seems like "I'm going to do anything to beat your ass because I can".

Sometimes when I watch Ryan it's like....bro have your balls dropped? Just fucking GO!

So much is made about Joe Flacco not being a leader. I think Joe is an incredible leader. He might not talk much, but you can see how much the players look up to him. They trust him to lead that game winning drive.

I'm not saying Ryan's teammates don't trust him...just seems like he's "a guy".

He's the exact opposite of Flacco, who is better than his stats.

Ditto

The guy has always padded his stats by heaving it 50+ times a game but when it comes down to game management and even better WINNING, he's not anywhere near being an elite QB.

Blog Entries

if weren't for the talent ryan had around him we would see the real matt ryan, he is just not that good period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    This. It kills me because I REALLY like Matt Ryan.

I think Joe is incredible in the playoffs because he's selfish. He's selfish for victories. He might not show it, but the way he plays in the playoffs it seems like "I'm going to do anything to beat your ass because I can".

Sometimes when I watch Ryan it's like....bro have your balls dropped? Just fucking GO!

So much is made about Joe Flacco not being a leader. I think Joe is an incredible leader. He might not talk much, but you can see how much the players look up to him. They trust him to lead that game winning drive.

I'm not saying Ryan's teammates don't trust him...just seems like he's "a guy".
    Ryan, imo, generally plays like a pussy, based on the fact that he knows he doesn't have enough juice in his arm, so he is scared to go deep.

His deep attempts have been similar to Alex Smith for his entire career pretty much, aka, bottom of the league
    Boy is lucky he plays 10 games in a dome or his arm would be exposed even more.

And by pussy I mean take the short pass over the riskier explosive play over and over and over.

People in atlanta call that "cerebral" QB play.

I call it a QB that lets his own physical limitations handcuff his play, frequently to the teams detriment.

Blog Entries

Anything over 15 yards in the air and you'll see Ryan's passes float and/or have little zip.

And he knows it. Which is why he shys away from doing it.