Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Loser Mentality That Is Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Interesting article by this Cleveland sports writer who is justifying last night's loss with a shot at the #1 pick for a QB.

"After the outrage wanes and wackiness fades, the loss could be beneficial to the franchise and its downtrodden fans. Let's be honest, what would that win have meant long term?"

Who is this guy kidding? The Browns last 7 first round draft picks are not looking good at all. This even includes this years picks Danny Shelton and Camerion Erving, who coincidentally Brent Urban beat to block the kick. Two of those picks, Weeden and Richardson, aren't even on the team anymore. Bottom line is Cleveland sucks at evaluating talent.

Cleveland doesn't need higher draft picks, they need wins to change a culture of losing that has made them the worst franchise in all of sports.

The QB position is the biggest gamble in the draft. A top 5 pick, or even a #1 pick doesn't guarantee a winner. Cleveland doesn't need a top 5 pick, they just need to make the right pick and put some wins together in the meantime. Joe Flacco was drafted 18th overall, Andy Dalton in round 2. Russell Wilson in round 3, Teddy Bridgewater pick #32 overall and Derek Carr in the 2nd round.

I get it's hard to find a QB. But this mentality of losing helps us by some in Cleveland is just ridiculous.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...cart_big-photo
    Does the owner realize that the Browns could have said they swept the Ravens. The city would be overjoyed. Instead they are 1-1 with a worse record and lost to a back up. Let them go b4 us in the draft who ever they pick will be bad 1 less guy to worry about being a bust. Why choose another quarterback take Davis and Manziel have them fight for a job don't overreact keep a stable system. I feel like the Browns start to turn it around and then they over react jettison everyone and start over. They need to work on their culture and organization.

I actually want Cleveland to draft in front of us. Just think, that's one less bust off the board that the Ravens no longer have to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    I actually want Cleveland to draft in front of us. Just think, that's one less bust off the board that the Ravens no longer have to consider.
    Good logic, bet many others wouldn't have thought to do that. Pitty that player though, LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Heard that and laughed. feds will be investigating Gruden to see what ties he has with owner, LOL. Bet Gruden gets cheaper gas for that comment, SMH.
    Maybe he was promised rebates?

Seriously, he praised Haslem and Dean Pees like he was a paid NFL shill
    I'm seeing Gruden in a new light and not liking it .... I didn't care for Madden because he had no real content ... biff! bam! pow! , didn't care for Deerdork because he had made-up fantasy spewing out of his mouth as facts, now Gruden is not fantasy, he is just talking bullshit ... maybe he is auditioning for a new career as a wrestling announcer
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The owner is under federal indictment.

It starts from the top down.

IIRC: Flying J Corp paid a multi-million dollar settlement to resolve all Federal claims, including dropping of any claims against Haslam. Has there been something recent to put Haslam in jeopardy?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

IIRC: Flying J Corp paid a multi-million dollar settlement to resolve all Federal claims, including dropping of any claims against Haslam. Has there been something recent to put Haslam in jeopardy?
    Somebody probably believed him, LOl Just got to google it , I guess. Gruden had good things to say about Haslam, I was surprised.

This article tells you all you need to know about the current Browns. It details the flaws in their analysis - check that, the incompetence bordering on negligent of their front office in their analysis - of their first round pick last year (no, not Manziel, but the other, higher, pick).

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...from-the-start

Compare and contrast that to the Ravens using their own scouts to do their own research (interviewing everyone down to the prospect's high-school coaches).
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 12-01-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Gruden was talking up Haslam, saying "He's a guy who's going to get this thing righted, one way or another" and all I could think was the he's talking about a guy who's long term business strategy was more or less robbing his customers. What a visionary.
    That reminded me of what Jimmy Johnson did with the Dolphins. JJ even picked them for the Super Bowl which of course most thought was ridiculous. He would go on TV and talk about all that talent being wasted. Then when he got the job the following year he turned over most of the team.

It really sounds like Gruden wants that job

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

You're right Flying J paid $92 million and Haslam was able to claim he didn't know about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That reminded me of what Jimmy Johnson did with the Dolphins. JJ even picked them for the Super Bowl which of course most thought was ridiculous. He would go on TV and talk about all that talent being wasted. Then when he got the job the following year he turned over most of the team.

Ahhh, don't know if you are right or not, but sure makes a ton of sense .... nice insight offered
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Wow, didn't pick that up at all on the job angle. But Gruden taking that job, Cleveland fans would be happy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    Most likely any top 5 draft pick watching the game last night just shit.