Page 1 of 57 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Loser Mentality That Is Cleveland

Interesting article by this Cleveland sports writer who is justifying last night's loss with a shot at the #1 pick for a QB.

"After the outrage wanes and wackiness fades, the loss could be beneficial to the franchise and its downtrodden fans. Let's be honest, what would that win have meant long term?"

Who is this guy kidding? The Browns last 7 first round draft picks are not looking good at all. This even includes this years picks Danny Shelton and Camerion Erving, who coincidentally Brent Urban beat to block the kick. Two of those picks, Weeden and Richardson, aren't even on the team anymore. Bottom line is Cleveland sucks at evaluating talent.

Cleveland doesn't need higher draft picks, they need wins to change a culture of losing that has made them the worst franchise in all of sports.

The QB position is the biggest gamble in the draft. A top 5 pick, or even a #1 pick doesn't guarantee a winner. Cleveland doesn't need a top 5 pick, they just need to make the right pick and put some wins together in the meantime. Joe Flacco was drafted 18th overall, Andy Dalton in round 2. Russell Wilson in round 3, Teddy Bridgewater pick #32 overall and Derek Carr in the 2nd round.

I get it's hard to find a QB. But this mentality of losing helps us by some in Cleveland is just ridiculous.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...cart_big-photo

Re: The Loser Mentality That Is Cleveland

What Cleveland really needs is organizational stability. Even the MNF crew touched on that, and it's something far more important than who they draft any given year. Thankfully, that's not a problem we have in Baltimore.

On a positive note, Mike Pettine did just offer me $100 for that Civil War pistol I had, assuming his expert verifies its authenticity.

At least I'm assuming it was Mike Pettine.

In all seriousness, though, Cleveland's years of sadness and inability to develop any real marquee players goes against the notion that a team should play for draft picks at the first instance of any sort of setback.
    Last edited by Tommy_Carcetti; 12-01-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Blog Entries

With the loss last night, that's 8 straight years with a losing record. ;-)

They'll likely pick Paxton Lynch, the Memphis QB. I've seen most of his games and he's a good spread QB but not on the level of a guy like Mariota. Those guys take time if ever...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Even if the Browns get the number one pick, they are liable to f--k it up.

Also the Browns are such a disaster of an organization, they almost have no choice to ride it out with the current front office and coaching staff and aim to be a winning team in 2017/18. If the Browns clean house again, who is going to take the head coaching job? Randy Edsall? lol

Like what was Austin Davis doing? He easily had another couple yards. Step out of bounds. 2 TOs with 8 seconds. You could have run twice or thrown a quick slant and run once. IDK man the Browns are pathetic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    With the loss last night, that's 8 straight years with a losing record. ;-)

They'll likely pick Paxton Lynch, the Memphis QB. I've seen most of his games and he's a good spread QB but not on the level of a guy like Mariota. Those guys take time if ever...
    Lynch looks like Cam Newton with the speed on Blake Bortles. He's going to be a project but that's a much better choice than obvious duds like Weedon and Manziel.

The owner is under federal indictment.

It starts from the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Even if the Browns get the number one pick, they are liable to f--k it up.

Also the Browns are such a disaster of an organization, they almost have no choice to ride it out with the current front office and coaching staff and aim to be a winning team in 2017/18. If the Browns clean house again, who is going to take the head coaching job? Randy Edsall? lol
    Gruden was talking up Haslam, saying "He's a guy who's going to get this thing righted, one way or another" and all I could think was the he's talking about a guy who's long term business strategy was more or less robbing his customers. What a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The owner is under federal indictment. It starts from the top down.
    The company entered into a consent decree over a year ago. espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11214330/jimmy-haslam-company-pilot-flying-j-pay-92m-fine I'm not aware of any pending charges against Haslam personally.

But "stability" in management only counts if the foundation is strong, and obviously that's not the case in Cleveland. HC and GM have never been on the same page and FO clearly has no demonstrable consistent competency in personnel matters.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Gruden was talking up Haslam, saying "He's a guy who's going to get this thing righted, one way or another" and all I could think was the he's talking about a guy who's long term business strategy was more or less robbing his customers. What a visionary.
    Heard that and laughed. feds will be investigating Gruden to see what ties he has with owner, LOL. Bet Gruden gets cheaper gas for that comment, SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    The company entered into a consent decree over a year ago. espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11214330/jimmy-haslam-company-pilot-flying-j-pay-92m-fine I'm not aware of any pending charges against Haslam personally.

But "stability" in management only counts if the foundation is strong, and obviously that's not the case in Cleveland. HC and GM have never been on the same page and FO clearly has no demonstrable consistent competency in personnel matters.
    My bad. Under threat of indictment. :)