Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So about our other big injury yesterday.......

Anyone worry about J-Force going into next year?

While it's not a leg injury, he's still going to be inactive for quite a while. He'll be 30 going onto 31 next season. As running backs go, that's typically your senior years. So with him missing all that practice and playing time, coupled with his age, are we still planning on him being our Number 1 next year? I realize he's fairly cheap contract wise, but still....

Re: So about our other big injury yesterday.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post

While it's not a leg injury, he's still going to be inactive for quite a while. He'll be 30 going onto 31 next season. As running backs go, that's typically your senior years. So with him missing all that practice and playing time, coupled with his age, are we still planning on him being our Number 1 next year? I realize he's fairly cheap contract wise, but still....
    Arm will be healed in 6-8 weeks, so not too concerned.

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 1m1 minute ago

Harbaugh says that Forsett, who is having surgery today, should be fine for the offseason program.

Feel bad for Forsett and that was a nasty break yesterday. Seems like a good dude and all but I'm ready to see how Allen looks going forward and if he looks the part I would have him as my primary back going into next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 51s51 seconds ago

Harbaugh said he saw a "free-for-all" yesterday on one Sam Koch punt "which is not unusual with the team that we're playing."

greg.williams

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Feel bad for Forsett and that was a nasty break yesterday. Seems like a good dude and all but I'm ready to see how Allen looks going forward and if he looks the part I would have him as my primary back going into next season.
    Forsett's a good guy, especially behind the #1 OL. He'll be forecasting weather with his arm bones the rest of his life, but at least it wasn't a hip, leg, knee, ankle, or foot injury. He's on the downhill side of a career (a lot of which was spent on the bench - which perhaps leaves a little more in the tank than if he'd started his whole career). One way to look at it is he won't waste any more tire tread on this Lost Season. We'll get a good look at Buck Allen, which is good news for him here or elsewhere.
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 11-23-2015 at 05:49 PM.

Blog Entries

I think Forsett will be more of a back up next season anyways. Let's be honest the guy does not run hard enough, fast enough or bounce off tackles for what we do. When he had huge wholes opening he was better, but that was due to system and not much of a treat out of the back field. I think we will see Allen develop into a solid RB. Forsett is solid depth, but not a future starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I think Forsett will be more of a back up next season anyways. Let's be honest the guy does not run hard enough, fast enough or bounce off tackles for what we do. When he had huge wholes opening he was better, but that was due to system and not much of a treat out of the back field. I think we will see Allen develop into a solid RB. Forsett is solid depth, but not a future starter.
    Forsett was doing well yesterday early on. Shame about his injury, him coming to the Ravens was an act of God. His career went nowhere till he came to Baltimore. Can't predict for next year, too far away. With all the injuries, might be more forthcoming.

How Ravens get all these injuries in this year is just crazy. Main players at that, SMH.

What do all these injuries say about the R's strength and conditioning program. What does it say about NFL players strength and speed exceeding the capacity of the human body's connective tissues.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post

I wasnt thinking Forsett would be our #1 back for next year before this injury. I have been more impressed with Buck Allens burst and his hands out of the back field. I think its Bucks job to lose

Unless Buck Allen goes for 100+ the next 6 weeks, Forsett will be in a Ravens uniform next year. If Allen blows up, possibly they cut Forsett, but even then I doubt it. Plus Taliaferro is in the mix. RB is a devalued position, I don't see them addressing it this offseason with all their other needs when they can get acceptable production out of a RB by committee arrangement from the 3 backs already on the roster.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Unless Buck Allen goes for 100+ the next 6 weeks, Forsett will be in a Ravens uniform next year. If Allen blows up, possibly they cut Forsett, but even then I doubt it. Plus Taliaferro is in the mix. RB is a devalued position, I don't see them addressing it this offseason with all their other needs when they can get acceptable production out of a RB by committee arrangement from the 3 backs already on the roster.
    Maybe West gets a chance and does something, plenty of options for next year.