So, what to focus on in practice this week?

I say 2 big things jump out:

1. Discipline - too many mental mistakes and penalties. While some, like the pass interference call on Rolle, were BS over-officiating, there were some costly killers. The most glaring is the illegal contact call that extended the Eagles' drive in which they eventually got the touchdown. Then you had some that were just plain stupid (12 men on the field). Work on the bone-headed penalties - don't want to see another Detroit debacle this year.

2. 2-Minute Offense - I know it's been discussed ad-nauseum on the 2 minute thread, but this should be a big area of focus for this team. I am worried that Billick really doesn't think it's broken though, since he wanted to lay mostly all of the blame on the refs. Also, is most of the reason our 2 minute drill sucks because of execution, or play-calling?

Re: So, what to focus on in practice this week?

I agree on the discipline, it seems to me this team always has had a lot of penalties . Twelve men on the field penalties really bug me ~ PAY ATTENTION people. To me this is the issue that Billick and Ryan really need to hammer home with our defensive guys. I have always chalked some of it up to the aggressive defensive plan Ryan employs but even at that it needs to get better. Extending drives is not something we want to keep doing because sooner or later it jumps up and bites you in the butt.
    If that exhibition in the last 30 seconds of the first half is an example of Jim Fassel's play calling, thanks but I'll pass.:(

Definitely the two minute drill (coaches only). :)

Sounds good to me.

I would also like to add some DL sled drills.