Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Clock Mismanagement

Everyone in the stadium is screaming TO & they let 25 seconds tick off the clock. We might have gottent he ball back w/ 20 or 30 seconds to go if the call the time out right after the play. For years our offense can't manage the cloack, now we have to worry about the defense too.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Re: The Official Fire Billick Thread

I kept wondering why one of the players on the field didn't call time out.. aren't they allowed to do that??

Yes they are.

The thing that confuses me is that they called it 15 seconds after they should have. At that point they should have saved the remaining two timeouts and let Carolina run a play.

Mind numbingly stupid move. It's pretty much par for the course.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Those final two minutes of the game was just ridiculous. Additionally, why did we not go for the FG attempt? It would have been a long FG, but we have Stover.

I am not saying that we should fire Billick at this point, but I think we should just let his contract run out and then move on once these vets retire after two years.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Additionally, why did we not go for the FG attempt? It would have been a long FG, but we have Stover.
    I think they had a lot of confidence in Koch to pin the Panthers deep and give us a shot at a short field. Koch did his job. The Panthers had to start on their 6, rather than Stover possibly missing it and the Panthers starting on the 34.

Unfortunately the Ravens defense did not do their job. Smith had a 31 yard reception on that drive.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

First off, QUIT HIJACKING THREADS. This is about coaching, not QBs.

The thing that confuses me is that they called it 15 seconds after they should have. At that point they should have saved the remaining two timeouts and let Carolina run a play.
    Exactly, once the clock ran that long you pocket that time out and use it later. If we still had that one at the end we could have forced a punt and had enough time for a few long tosses.

OK first of all what really killed us was the damn offsides...1st and 5...no chance of stopping them.

But then, I understand not calling a time out at ALL after the one play, you figure the probability of a first down after 2nd and 3 is enormous. Save the TOs for the next series of downs.

That being said you either don't burn it, or you do right away. You don't let 20 seconds tick off and THEN use it.

Honestly, what was the point of using the last two TO's when the game was already decided?

9. Re: The Official Fire Billick Thread

I have been a supporter of Billick through thick and thin. It is quite obvious that Billick does not adequately prepare his team for upcoming opponents. This has been his MO since post Super Bowl. It is just boggles my mind how we are so limited on offense with so much talent. I never would never have thought that I would miss the days of Matt Cavanaugh. Not only are we not prepared by game day coaching is an absolute joke (ie;clock management,poor schemes,halftime adjustments.etc). When will it ever stop. The only answer is to let Billick go if this team fails to make the playoffs. There's a chink in the armour an it falls back on Billick.

10. Re: The Official Fire Billick Thread

The 20 seconds that ran off the clock didnt cost us the game. The rolle fiasco did. It just doesnt make sense that you let the best reciever that wide open, after you just got your team back in the game.

IF we had called timeout and saved the 15secs, all the panthers had to do was run 2 yds for a first down and game, or if they punted we would have only had a few secs left if that.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

We have had several quarterbacks, new asst. coaches and the offense looks exactly like it did in 1999. I am totally convinced its the System. It's Billick's system and it stinks! I would hire Jeff Fisher if he is fired from Tennessee.

I hear what you are saying. However if you do fire Billick who would you bring in here ?? That has to be thought before you fire a head coach.