The Wierd, The Good, and the Ugly

I'll get thru with the ugly first, Steve Smith. Warrior down. Arrington does not look good to me, how bout you. Now the rest.

The Weird:
    1. Eric Weddle on sidelines looks anything but an NFL safety. Pudgy in some camera shots. IDK.
    2. Chargers DB with a fleece full face head cover on. Is it really that warm in SD in November and that cold in Baltimore? Felt like short sleeve and pants weather to me, and my bones are getting old.
    3. Maybe not weird, but you'd think John Urshel would have the calculations for a shotgun snap down by now. Is he a future center. Repeated bad snaps, never adjusted. Just reps I guess. I think he is going to be good whatever position he winds up at.

The Good (and its a lot);
    1. Flacco pass to juice is Joe Flacco, a couple passes to Aiken and the one long one to SSR. We have a nice QB. His int to td ratio being 11-8, most of the ints came in trying to force comebacks. Of course we are the only ones who know.
    Not a ton of help from the TEs today and still puts up a serious QB performance.
    2. Aiken (remember its just his third year), starting to look like a gamer. Will he have a better career than say a guy like Nate Burleson? That dude always found work, and was an important part of offenses. Aiken looking like taking a SSR persona.
    3. Justin Forsett really has a burst that can be counted on. Good re-signing despite our record. Tough but important yards.
    4. Justin Tucker is back, getting off of a home field skid. Looks dead on.
    5. The above could mean fits for a confused AFC...in a "why not us" kind of way. At the same time, fight back to win nothing but a mid first pick? IDK. I'll never root against a win, but this is one year that losses are not killing me.
    6. Webb is playing well. You may debate this. But in an odd turn against a very good offense, he started looking like the old Webby. I think there is not much leadership in the secondary and that suppresses the talent. Hill plays solid, verges on star potential but not there at the moment. The flag on Hill was total BS.

Blog Entries

Re: The Wierd, The Good, and the Ugly

Ugly...why the f**k Trestman was calling shotgun play after shotgun play when it was apparent from his first shotgun snap that Urschel was having serious issues with it? I've gone from being iffy on Trestman to being a big fan, but that nearly cost them the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Ugly...why the f**k Trestman was calling shotgun play after shotgun play when it was apparent from his first shotgun snap that Urschel was having serious issues with it? I've gone from being iffy on Trestman to being a big fan, but that nearly cost them the game.
    Smart point. I suppose it is the kind of stuff Fans will never get to really know.

Blog Entries

especially when we were in field goal range and just needed to run the ball. Almost cost us, thankfully it did not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Wierd, The Good, and the Ugly

Our Roost went ape shit when we saw him in the gun. Everyone was screaming "run, run, run". And the fumble happened and we couldn't believe what we saw.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-01-2015 at 07:32 PM.

It's a good win. The team needed it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I would have had his ass on the sideline while the D was on the field snapping to Schaub. That's the kind of crap that makes you wonder what the hell the coaches are thinking. Besides, Schaub needs to earn his pay check somehow.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I agree with all of you. I went ballistic in the stands too. I think it was the same drive, or the drive prior, they had a shotgun run called and the snap was so bad Flacco basically had to dive forward instead of handing off. That should have been the last shotgun snap of the day. I'm glad I'm not the only one that flipped my shit over it.

Blog Entries

Seems a little surprising to me that Urscehl can't snap the ball to a QB in the shot gun if he is the 1st back up to Zuttah. In any event that would have been absolute disaster if Joe doesn't get that bad snap and Aiken doesn't get the PI call.

Because out of shotgun a bad snap can still result in positive yards.
    Under center its more likely to be lost and or Joe getting wrecked.

At least under shotgun, he can react and pick the ball up like the play to Ross. Joe even said as much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turretgunner View Post
    Because out of shotgun a bad snap can still result in positive yards.
    Under center its more likely to be lost and or Joe getting wrecked.

At least under shotgun, he can react and pick the ball up like the play to Ross. Joe even said as much.
    I'm not buying that. They seemed to be fine when Joe was under center. But they were having obvious issues on every shot gun snap. If Joe doesn't handle that bad snap it would have most likely resulted in a game loss. Why do something where there's issues and not go under center where they were fine? They even showed Urschel and Joe warming up under center and they didn't have any issues,

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I'm not buying that. They seemed to be fine when Joe was under center. But they were having obvious issues on every shot gun snap. If Joe doesn't handle that bad snap it would have most likely resulted in a game loss. Why do something where there's issues and not go under center where they were fine? They even showed Urschel and Joe warming up under center and they didn't have any issues,
    It doesn't matter if you buy it, It came out of Joe's mouth durring the presser.