Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are your thoughts win or lose Sunday.....

What do you think will or should be done going forward with this team in both scenarios, win and/or lose...
    How do we get back on the winning track ??

Re: What are your thoughts win or lose Sunday.....

The team needs to be "blown up" and we need to start all over. Might as well come out of the bye flinging the ball. Playing conservative offense - not to lose - isn't going to get us anywhere. The season is over - and we have an 8 game training camp with contact leading up to the 2016 draft. We should find out who can play. Lets figure out if Trestman being Trestman is worth going into the 2016 with. Get him out of his Kubiak suit - and let him loose.

Play better football!

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    The team needs to be "blown up" and we need to start all over. Might as well come out of the bye flinging the ball. Playing conservative offense - not to lose - isn't going to get us anywhere. The season is over - and we have an 8 game training camp with contact leading up to the 2016 draft. We should find out who can play. Lets figure out if Trestman being Trestman is worth going into the 2016 with. Get him out of his Kubiak suit - and let him loose.
    What if we win Sunday and show some progress ?....I'm trying to get thoughts on "if we win" or "if we lose again Sunday"

You go out and play to win with the best players you have each game, then let the chips fall where they may.

Then assess the team at the end of the year and make whatever changes need to be made.

Having said that, over the last few weeks I have put considerable thought into it and have come to the following conclusions.

1. Our scouting department has let us down. Perriman was bad luck and none of us know what he will be, but the last several years have been subpar in drafting. People need to be replaced. And Ozzie needs to draft fewer "project" players.
    2. Team speed sucks and needs major attention.
    3. I think this team (with a few notable exceptions) is the SOFTEST bunch I've seen since 1998.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

LEADERSHIP:

Number one problem is lack of leadership on defense. That needs to be the first priority in preventing this losing trend from contaminating next season. It is no given that Terrell Suggs will return. So far this season, NO one on the current roster has stepped up to handle leadership responsibilities. That tells me it's NOT going to happen.

You can't draft leadership. IF Suggs is finished then, during the offseason, Newsome will have to find that leader from outside the organization - a quality veteran who understands his role in coming to the Ravens.

CCx
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 10-31-2015 at 02:49 AM.

TURNOVERS:

Given the current status of the defense (which hasn't changed since leaving Oakland), the Ravens can STILL salvage THIS season. They can start winning on a consistent basis on their three-game homestand IF they:

(1) Eliminate the turnovers on offense, AND
    (2) Start generating turnovers on defense.

In other words, they need to work hard to transform their -7 (or whatever it is) turnover differential back to zero. Easier said than done (especially on defense), but that would have an enormous positive impact on their remaining games.

CCx

Can't pick Ravens to win until they show us something - no one can pick us right now

Blog Entries

Injuries, dead money, penalties at the worse times, blown assignments, where do you stop? Oh yeah and bad officiating: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

For me, a win or a loss is not going change my opinion on what needs to be done. This season is already in the shitter any way. The defense is in shambles, the offense is lacking playmakers, and the depth throughout the roster is weak. Injuries aside, this is not what most people had in mind for this team this year.

Pees needs to go during the bye. This defense will obviously be in a rebuild mode, and I see no reason to keep him here until season's end. If there was any indication that he was the right guy we would be seeing improvement in our young draftees, instead they seem to be regressing. Elam, Brooks, J. Smith, and now even Mosley seems to be regressing. All of these guys were highly regarded coming out of college. It's really a not a very good reflection on Pees. I just wish I could answer the question of who his replacement would be at this point in the season.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I hope we get blown out to force them to fire pees. Sometimes ya gottasacrifice for thegreater good.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensZ06 View Post
    I hope we get blown out to force them to fire pees. Sometimes ya gottasacrifice for thegreater good.
    Understood, but if the O plays lights out and the D still stinks it up, Pees could be gone even with a team win..