Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Joe Flacco haters can't have it both ways

Re: Joe Flacco haters can't have it both ways

The fact that Flacco has kept the Ravens with a chance of winning is also overlooked. That the ravens came close to winning with no named or old receivers. A defense that can't stop average QBs from throwing for big yardage and TDs.

Blog Entries

Our Super Bowl MVP played his ass off against Arizona. The 4th down conversion was vintage Flacco. He gave his team a chance like he always does.

7 Games-1857 yards. averaging 265 a game, on pace for over 4200 if he stays at that average. Who's he throwing to? What big named receiver?

Blog Entries

Maybe the advancement of social media has gone too far in allowing people to post any illogical thing they want.

Bingo.

It's easy to bash "Flacco critics" without actually addressing anyone's actual arguments regarding Flacco's relative worth. Strawman.

Do message boards like this fall under the criteria of being social media?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

I love Flacco.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    It's easy to bash "Flacco critics" without actually addressing anyone's actual arguments regarding Flacco's relative worth. Strawman.
    Agree. While there's a lot of dumb crap out there, and on this board (more and more lately...) it's all too easy to paint with a broad brush like that. There are always SOME people who will blame Joe for everything in a loss, and there are other people who won't give him any credit when we win. And I suppose out of that, there are some people who are in both categories. But it's a small number of people. The only reason they tend to stand out in anyone's mind is because what they say is so stupid. The key is resisting the urge to respond to them.

It isn't worth debating with them. I just put those types on ignore and move on.

And of course he doesn't mention the other kind of straw man poster out there: the ones who try to lump you into the "Flacco hater" category the minute you bring up any sort of fact-based or observable flaw in his game, and spend all their time flaming people for daring to criticize rather than coming up with their own explanations for things.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I love Flacco.
    I love my wife

lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Do message boards like this fall under the criteria of being social media?
    Yes.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

12. Re: Joe Flacco haters can't have it both ways

I am not a flacco hater.. But I do think as ravens fans we need to realize he is a huge part of the problem. If i have to see him throwing off his back foot game ending interception one more time i am gonna puke. That is not on trestman... Or harbaugh. Thats on flacco. And he does it over and over again and no one on this board seems to notice. Do you guys realize that including the playoffs against the pats last year.. He has thrown 4 game ending off his back foot interceptions in 8 games. Hes a 9th year qb who half the time in the last 8 games has made that same stupid mistske to end the game. He doesnt learn. For those of you who dont believe me... Pats game interception. Denver interception.. Raiders interception..and in the arizona same horrible off his back foot interception... Shit gets old guys and flacco deserves a huge part of the blame.
    Last edited by Punk99; 10-28-2015 at 03:45 AM.