Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has anyone noticed......

How this Offense has been so off kilter with Trestman as OC compared to last yr with Kubes ????
    I think Harbs made a mistake in trying to get Trestman to continue Kubes O system...
    Trestman is more of WC downfield OC than Kubes and it is clearly hindering him from doing his best job with Joe....
    Did you notice that we made nearly no big plays downfield until the last drive and had 2 or 3 during that one drive...
    What if he had been free to do that from the first quarter on ??
    The run game obviously was not gonna do it for us against that Dline, but Harbs had him keep hammering it....
    I'm starting to get my fill of Harbs too, along with my 2 yr rant to fire Pees...
    We need a HC that can call his own plays on O so Joe can get some stability instead of having to learn a new one each yr, and we need an aggressive DC once again...
    If Rex gets fired, get on the phone Ozzie or get on your horse and ride into the sunset with your 2 compadres ....:bag:

Re: Has anyone noticed......

We're 8th in offensive yards and 26th in defensive yards allowed and Trestman is the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    We're 8th in offensive yards and 26th in defensive yards allowed and Trestman is the issue?
    I didn't say he was the issue, I said Harbs is limiting his ability...
    And we are also 1-6, I think that trumps any other stats you have....

We have also played a bunch of shitty defenses and have failed to win games when it matters. Racking up garbage points doesn't mean we are a good team.

The problem is not so much the playcalling, but the shitty oline play. If the zone blocking scheme was working, then we would be ripping big runs and giving joe more time in the pocket.

We don't have coaches who can run the system and have a lack of playmakers on offense. Kubes was just a much better coach than anything we have here.

I don't blame trestman, he came into a losing situation and is dealing with a shitty hand of cards. Give him the horses and let him run his style before you judge him.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    I didn't say he was the issue, I said Harbs is limiting his ability...
    And we are also 1-6, I think that trumps any other stats you have....
    I agree the 1-6 is the only thing that matters but to pin that result on Trestman seems off. Apologies as I may have misread your post.

Blog Entries

No doubt they are not clicking. Oline is playing pretty well overall, although some of the other blocking assignments are being missed. Flacco had a couple free runners on his blind side last night and didn't even see them. Couple that with Sr. being by far the best receiver in running routes and even he has the dropsies at times. No consistency in the other playmakers to speak of. Flacco is dealing with this along with a new system. Some of these missed targets look like it's on him but I think they're just not on the same page in terms of reading the D and sitting in the hole in the zone (that Sr. does so well).

I did notice a lot of slants and crossing routes last night, which is great. But they still score the typical two TDs a game, which won't get it done.

At this point, bench Brown and get some of these guys into the mix. Run a few deep routes with Givens, mix in the young guys and Perriman may be back after the bye (so I've heard).

It's going to take a little time IMO.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They're gaining a lot of yards, but the play calling seems off at times. And there is a lot of confusion at crucial points. Joe is not comfortable in this offense. He said so himself. Maybe just some more time to gel.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I'm not going to contribute to this discussion out of protest. I just came here to say thread titles like this duck worse than our team right now

Blog Entries

that's because tresman is running a different scheme from a different minded coach and have shit to work with in receivers and our oline is constantly hurt and juan castillo is vastly overrated with Oline scheme.

i think we need to run more. i know i saw forsett run at least 2 or 3 times for more than 6 yards and allen seems to be clicking. forsett only ran 12 times... we passed for 40 attempts... i know we were catching up, so passing makes more sense... i think that our d is really to blame for the most of our losses though... this loss is unfortunately on jeremy ross, i believe. that swung momentum in az favor... thats why packers dumped him, thats why lions dumped him. i thought he was pretty good until i was watching this game with a packers fan who was like oh no you guys have ross? watch out he fumbled away a few games for the pack. and long and behold, he helped us lose this one
    All ravens fans are right about something

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    We're not restricted to discussing only the main issue with the team. We can discuss other things.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This offense doesn't have the talent to overcome mistakes. The margin for error is too small, leaving us here to perform surgery on one or two plays where the timing is slightly off.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore