Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conner Cook

Conner Cook

Ok, guys...given the total dysfunctionality of this 2015 version of the Ravens, and the increasing likelihood that they will be drafting At or Near the top of the 2016 draft, who thinks that maybe the Ravens should consider drafting Connor Cook from MSU. Flacco wants a new contract, and, yes, he is a SB winning QB; however, do we look to the future with Cook. The guy seems to be a potential solid, winning QB....what say all of you?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Re: Conner Cook

No thanks. I don't think he will be good in the NFL, similar to other MSU qb's. Also of note, he wasn't voted captain of the team (senior qb starter for 2 years) which tells me teammates don't care for him.

Blog Entries

1) The Ravens suck at drafting QB's. We have drafted exactly 1 that has turned out to be worth a damn (Tyrod may prove to be 2 but even still in 20 years that is pitiful).

2) It would just be a wasted pick because QB is a wasted position if you don't give them help. The Ravens don't like to invest in the offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Ok, guys...given the total dysfunctionality of this 2015 version of the Ravens, and the increasing likelihood that they will be drafting At or Near the top of the 2016 draft, who thinks that maybe the Ravens should consider drafting Connor Cook from MSU. Flacco wants a new contract, and, yes, he is a SB winning QB; however, do we look to the future with Cook. The guy seems to be a potential solid, winning QB....what say all of you?!
    If you aren't going to do a better job of building around him than you did with Flacco, it's a moot point to draft him.

That was just my feable attempt to actually entertain such a thought.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

1. No
    I asked one scout this week about Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook, and specifically the fact that he wasn't voted a team captain. His reply: "Did you like (AJ) McCarron? That's who he is."
    Hell No

I think you would have to seriously consider it if there was a can't miss prospect. I don't think there's 1 in this draft though.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I do not see a QB worth taking in the top 10. Hell I think saying that any of Goff, Hogan, Cook, Brisset or Hackenburg are 1st round picks is reach. I have doubts any of them are more than career backups. Goff, Hackenburg and Brisset to me have a skillset that could make them eventual starters with the right system and some time but all have issues. Just not a good year for QB's.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

1) I don't think any QB is worth a top-5 pick and I'm not entirely sold on Cook. He's no bad, but I don't think he can be the man without a lot of talent around him.

2) Flacco doesn't want a new deal, the Ravens want a new deal.

3) Flacco is in his prime years and the offense is finally putting up points with very little talent around him. Why give up on that? That's bad business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The only way you draft a QB is if there is a Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck type prospect. There isn't and it's not even close.

All good perspectives....the fact that he was not voted team captain says a lot! Thanks.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    1) I don't think any QB is worth a top-5 pick and I'm not entirely sold on Cook. He's no bad, but I don't think he can be the man without a lot of talent around him.

2) Flacco doesn't want a new deal, the Ravens want a new deal.

3) Flacco is in his prime years and the offense is finally putting up points with very little talent around him. Why give up on that? That's bad business.

I tend to think Joe will be signed to a new deal. I think there is enough middle ground there for the Ravens and Joe to strike a deal that can benefit both.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I tend to think Joe will be signed to a new deal. I think there is enough middle ground there for the Ravens and Joe to strike a deal that can benefit both.
    I do too. However, Flacco is getting $28 mill next year, lol. I'm sure he would be ok with that, you know?

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.