Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Anatomy of Baltimore’s Lost Season

A Barnwell article that doesn't take a dig at Flacco, didn't think it was possible.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...s-lost-season/

The biggest difference between this year’s terrible Ravens defense and last year’s above-average Ravens defense, then, isn’t that they can’t get to the quarterback or that they’re giving up big plays. It’s that they can’t get off the field. Last year, the Ravens allowed opposing teams to convert 40.3 percent of their third downs, which was 17th in the league, essentially league-average. This year? That figure is up to 47.8 percent, and only the Jaguars (an even 50 percent!) have been less effective on third down. Nobody’s faced more third downs (92) than the Ravens.
    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: The Anatomy of Baltimore’s Lost Season

I think that covers the situation pretty well. The only thing he didn't mention were all the GD penalties at the worst times

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think that covers the situation pretty well. The only thing he didn't mention were all the GD penalties at the worst times
    Do penalties go into 3rd down conversion rate?

just by perception it seems whenever we do get a big stop we have a dumb penalty.
    -JAB

Good if not sad read. Ha

Reading that gave me this sick feeling that the injurys will be used to have Pees let off the hook and return next year.:grbac:
    He's certainly not the only problem but nevertheless........
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Total horseshit that he said last years defense was above average. They were mediocre last year and it cost us against the Pats. This year they're total dogshit on D.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

If Pees comes back next year it will be another lost season in the career of Joe Flacco.

I can see Joe playing out his contract and telling them to let me out (i.e. don't franchise me) or I'll retire. You can bet your bottom dollar that Joe is sitting on most of the money that he's received from the Ravens - and that money will not be an issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    A Barnwell article that doesn't take a dig at Flacco, didn't think it was possible.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...s-lost-season/

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Wow. That is one fine article outlining the Ravens season. Nice job to the author.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    If Pees comes back next year it will be another lost season in the career of Joe Flacco.

I can see Joe playing out his contract and telling them to let me out (i.e. don't franchise me) or I'll retire. You can bet your bottom dollar that Joe is sitting on most of the money that he's received from the Ravens - and that money will not be an issue.
    Joe will restructure this year. Bank on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Total horseshit that he said last years defense was above average. They were mediocre last year and it cost us against the Pats. This year they're total dogshit on D.
    Statistically in regards to yards per game the defense was 8th in 2014. But the article points out the real issue that doomed them vs the Patriots.

From the article:

The 2014 Ravens were just as bad in the same spots. Teams threw 114 deep passes against them, the fifth-highest frequency in the league. And those passes went for a 99.0 QBR, which was dead last.

It's the same issue this year if not worse. Now the offense isn't running the ball as well and they don't have any speed. Throw in some injuries and the loss of Torrey Smith, McPhee and Ngata and you have 1-5.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post

The 2014 Ravens were just as bad in the same spots. Teams threw 114 deep passes against them, the fifth-highest frequency in the league. And those passes went for a 99.0 QBR, which was dead last.
    Technique issue

Blog Entries

The Anatomy lies within the Technique. Fix the Technique and we are 6-0.
    Go back to the Torrey TD. Where is the Safety? If that is technique than I guess I have no idea what scheme is. Did the 9er's trade for AP or Lynch? I didn't know it took 9 guys in the box with a street corner CB covering the fastest guy on the field to stop Carlos Hyde (he's solid, but so is our DL). No safety in sight. I guess Pees figured Torrey was having a down year and must have lost his ability to run the 9.
    Than take a look at the AJ debacle. Kendrick Lewis single high on a top 3 WR. That spells success if the technique is there. bahahahahah