Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Best and worst stadium experiences

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I saw the Jets and Ravens last year. It was my first time at Met Life stadium. The game sucked but the building wasn't much better. Parking is pleantiful but the roads designed in such a way that it takes forever to get in and out.

The stadium is much steeper than the old one. I found myself spending way too much time watching the screen Instead of the field since it was so far down. I've been to concerts there since and the sound in the upper deck is horrible. The old Giants stadium was so much better even if the bathrooms weren't modern and the concessions more limited.
    Agree 100%. New York is the richest market in the NFL. And for years, rather than have a stadium for each of its teams (like SF Bay does) they have both teams play in the same stadium in freaking New Jersey instead of New York. So you would think when they decided to pool their resources again and continue this trend, they would have made an awesome football stadium for an awesome football experience. It should be state of the art -- like I am expecting the new ones in Vegas and LA to be.

And instead, that piece of crap is in the bottom half of stadiums in the league. And the only thing it has going for it is that it's new. Soon it won't even be that anymore. If I was a NY fan, I would be SOOOO pissed. The people of Jersey got screwed. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/29/ny...-rewarded.html
    "Chin up, chest out."

Reposted from the "Most hated teams" thread, with a bit more detail.

I went to the Ravens-Falcons game in 2010 in Atlanta and the fans were obnoxious and classless. They handed out small Falcons flags (probably 1.5' by 1') and we had a group of particularly annoying drunk fans behind us waving the flags over our heads deliberately in our line of sight. At one point they started a chant of "Ray kills people" because they were losing. My sister did summon stadium security but of course they acted like choir boys when they showed up. Because of this (and the constant Flacco-Ryan comparisons), I particularly enjoyed the Falcons Super Bowl collapse, even if it was against my most hated team. Other than the actual game, Atlanta itself was a neat city.

Blog Entries

The Vet case closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    You are a braver soul than I. Cincitucky was about as close as I plan to get to Cleveland or Pittsburgh. I applaud anyone willing to go to Cleveland in Ravens gear
    Steelers fans in Pittsburgh are cool for the most part. The ones that show up here are more than likely local a-holes.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Other than Ted I have to agree with the other Jax takes. If the Ravens win they are quite nice, if the Ravens lose they turn into complete jackasses.

Been to a few away games and have always had positive experiences with fans.

New Dallas Stadium-Loved it, a tad over the top, fans weren't bad at all.
    Nashville-Titans fans are amazingly friendly
    Redskins-Meh, stadium sucked, but I did not experience any heckling
    New Orleans for the Superbowl-unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Other than Ted I have to agree with the other Jax takes. If the Ravens win they are quite nice, if the Ravens lose they turn into complete jackasses.
    One of my brother in laws friends move to Jax several years ago. He is still a Ravens fan. He got season tix there 2 yrs ago just to see some teams he hadn't seen play. So after the Ravens game last year the local news was interviewing the locals after the game and he was one. He said he was happy because his team won. It was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens56 View Post
    Been to a few away games and have always had positive experiences with fans.

New Dallas Stadium-Loved it, a tad over the top, fans weren't bad at all.
    Nashville-Titans fans are amazingly friendly
    Redskins-Meh, stadium sucked, but I did not experience any heckling
    New Orleans for the Superbowl-unreal
    I've been to NOLA for games many times (including the Super Bowl) because my best friend lives there and is an insane Saints fan. Great fans, great city, great fun every time. The stadium is deafening too.

Worst experience, Foxboro. That same friend of mine actually went to LSU and was friends with Jarvis Green who was DL for the Pats at the time. We got to meet him after the game in a special area where the players were leaving the stadium. Tom Brady brushed against my left shoulder as he walked past and I swear to this day I have a dead patch of skin there that's been poisoned by "essence of douchebag." Even that experience wasn't enough to salvage Foxboro.

Actually on a tangent, I lived in Boston for a few years during this insane run where the Pats won, the Red Sox won, the Celtics won, and the Bruins won, and if ever there was an insufferable sports fan it was a Bostonian. They had every right to be proud, just not in that unique "Masshole" way...

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I've been to NOLA for games many times (including the Super Bowl) because my best friend lives there and is an insane Saints fan. Great fans, great city, great fun every time. The stadium is deafening too.

Worst experience, Foxboro. That same friend of mine actually went to LSU and was friends with Jarvis Green who was DL for the Pats at the time. We got to meet him after the game in a special area where the players were leaving the stadium. Tom Brady brushed against my left shoulder as he walked past and I swear to this day I have a dead patch of skin there that's been poisoned by "essence of douchebag." Even that experience wasn't enough to salvage Foxboro.

Actually on a tangent, I lived in Boston for a few years during this insane run where the Pats won, the Red Sox won, the Celtics won, and the Bruins won, and if ever there was an insufferable sports fan it was a Bostonian. They had every right to be proud, just not in that unique "Masshole" way...

What were the Pats fans like? And NOLA is such an incredible city in general: I love it.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

I don't do many road trips, but have many friends that do and they share their experiences with me:

Cincitucky/Irsays: I'm lumping these two cities together, because their fans are 95% Midwestern hayseeds that have zero knowledge of the game and sorry to say, simply do not deserve an NFL franchise. To add to Purple Pills story, the guy that spray painted the Ravens RV made Charles Manson look like Mister Rogers. I'm twice the guy's size, but ducked into the RV when he began his spray paint assault. Figured this clown had to be packing. Fortunately, I heard the spray paint was the stuff you put in your hair, so it came off easily. Don't bother coming here, but if you ever do, PM me and we'll party.

Green Bay: Has always been my 2nd favorite team and a visit to Lambeau is high on our bucket list. Any game. We were partying with their fans a few years ago when their game in Cincitucky coincided with the Oktoberfest here (largest weekend Oktoberfest in the world). Had an absolute blast with their fans. Spent hours with them buying each other rounds and ended up the best of friends. Easily the most hospitable away venue in all of sports.

Philadelphia: A good friend of mine opened up a business in the area and bought company season tickets to the Eagles games to get acclimated to the area. Ended up selling them a few years later because of the fans. This guy is a party animal, one of the most insane, crazy guys I know and was rooting for the Eagles. Just said the crowd was too much. Never thought I'd hear him say that.

Cleveland, New Yawk, New England: Not worth thinking about.

Atlanta, New Orleans, Tennessee, Dallas: Have heard they are great places for a road trip; am sure there are exceptions, but for the most part, southern hospitality. Jacksonville is an exception; my Brother- in law almost got his ass kicked there and he really keeps to himself at away games

My daughter's tennis coach is a huge Bengals fan and had a great story about Atlanta. He went with his girlfriend and another couple for a game; got a 12 pack and some snacks and were minding their own business outside the stadium when a very large guy in a Falcons jersey approached them. Said he looked like the guy in "The Green Mile". He asked them what they were doing here, did you come all the way here to root for the Bengals, etc. When they replied yes, he said "you're coming with me". Treated them to the best tailgating they'd ever experienced, everything top notch , food , drinks etc. They had a great experience there.

Haven't heard much about sites on the west coast, but I hear Seattle fans are major front running, clueless douche bags.

Worst: I saw a Packers Eagles regular season game about 6-7 years ago in Philly.

The tailgate area sucks. The stadium is just in a giant parking lot.

The stadium didnt really feel special at all

The drive out of the stadium was horrific.

The cheese steaks at Pats sucked. For someplace thats claim to fame is to be the OG cheesesteak, it was crap. I've had dozens and dozens of much better cheese steakes at your everyday mom and pop pizza shop. I've had better cheese steaks at Rutters in the York area for petes sake.

Philly is the armpit of PA, I'd give it to Jersey if I could