Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can Arthur Brown be as bad as the coaches believe?

A. Brown can't even get snaps as a situational rusher or to relieve Upshaw covering receivers. I know he can't beat out D. Smith or Mosley as a starter but the coaches must think he is so deficient that he can't contribute in the slightest on this horrible defense. The coaches may be right but at 1-5, I'd like to see how it could make things worse by trying to scheme Brown into the game plan to use his speed, a trait sorely missing from our current LBs.

Re: Can Arthur Brown be as bad as the coaches believe?

He is a pretty fast and athletic guy. Have him drop 50+ pounds this offseason and we have our CB of the future, lol

I've been saying to throw him out there to see how he does for the last 3 weeks or so. Darryl Smith is 33 years old and can't cover with a blanket. We're not stopping anyone now, it can't get worse. Smith will not be here next year....if Brown plays and the light goes on, he can be. Worst case the light stays out and you know it's safe to cut bait. But at 1-5, I can't understand why you keep him buried on the bench.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Another head scratcher on the long list of head scratchers this year

Blog Entries

Given that they've played Orr and McClellan and virtually every other LB on the roster defensively this year except him, I'd say the answer is yes, Brown really is that bad.

Blog Entries

Who really knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He's fast but he's dumb as a box as rocks. No instincts unless the play is right in front of him

At this point, Ozzie really should consider trading Daryl Smith, recouping a pick if you can and putting Brown in there. At this point, see what you have with him & if the guy can't play, move on. They gotta fish or cut bait with the guy at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    He's fast but he's dumb as a box as rocks. No instincts unless the play is right in front of him
    Agreed and he would join a field full of dunces on the back end. However, Rhodes Scholars like Upshaw can't play in space or get to the QB so what's to lose?
    Last edited by Mark; 10-19-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'd like to see how it could make things worse by trying to scheme Brown into the game plan to use his speed, a trait sorely missing from our current LBs.
    You'll notice I've bolded a particular word in your thought here.
    Isn't this really a big part of the problem for this defense as a whole?

We don't seem to change a whole lot of anything regardless of who's on the field to either take advantage of a given individuals talents or to try and adapt and conceal an individuals deficiencies.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 10-19-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I like to imagine that sometime when Pees was with The Cheatriots Billicheat was like what are we going to do with these Ravens? (monotone). Their defense is just too good. Dean, why dont you go over there and make em suck a big one? Blame the players effort, but make sure you dont change the schemes that are making them suck.
    All ravens fans are right about something

Blog Entries

Who in the hell knows never in history of this team has healthy second round pick not play in games. Especially when just about every body is playing bad on this defense..smh I don't know wtf this team does anymore.