Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: I think we are sitting in the lead for the #1 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    Thank you!!!

The other side of this that makes me laugh is that for some reason people think that acquiring a bunch of offensive skill players that tip the scale and makes us a scoring juggernaut is easier than build a defense in like fashion. smh.....its a casual fan mentality if you ask me

How about acquiring a couple of skill players that can hold onto two touchdown passes in the end zone. Never mind a "juggernaught" how about acquiring a couple of skill players that could result in 5 or 6 more points a game. Not to mention a Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator who don't have their collective heads tucked up their asses. That would produce results now.

Maybe (if you live long enough) Ozzie can give you a defense that will give you a half a dozen games a year along the way - along with another Kyle Boller when he has to draft someone to replace Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    The era of defense winning games is OVER. Get Joe people who can catch the ball and a coordinator and head coach who knows how to play wide open football in the 21st century. Use Joe while you've got him. By the time you rebuild the defense you will need to go get a new quarterback. If the Ravens were playing aggressive offensive football and if Joe had some guys who could catch the ball - we'd be 5 and 1 despite Pees and the defense.

This is the INSANE philosophy that the Ravens are operating under today.
    Exactly people still talking about this "defense wins championships" shit have gotta be fucking kidding me. Except the Seahawks in 14, most of these SB teams have been offense first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

We are also missing the solid and reliable players at WR. It's basically Smith and some young tight ends and nothing else.

Blog Entries

D doesn't seem to be winning them any games this year does it.
    This was your statement!
    The era of defense winning games is OVER.
    Unless the new era of football just started this year im still trying to understand how you explain SEA going to the super bowl 2 yrs straight playing great D.

And btw SEA has over half the season to get their shit together on D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    We are also missing the solid and reliable players at WR. It's basically Smith and some young tight ends and nothing else.
    This is a huge issue.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Exactly people still talking about this "defense wins championships" shit have gotta be fucking kidding me. Except the Seahawks in 14, most of these SB teams have been offense first.

Uhhh the Pats had a real nice D last year, particularly in the secondary, and regardless the Seahawks should have won the Superbowl. The Giants the year before us was heavily relying and their D and the ferocious pass rush to carry them to the Super Bowl. Defense still wins championships.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Build a dominant defense and an offense with franchise qb, solid offensive line and one dominant pass catcher ie Rob Gronkowski or dominant back ie Lynch. The rest of the offense should be built with serviceable and reliable players. We don't have the dominant pass catcher or transcendent back. This year I like the way the Broncos are built, although I would have expected more out of Manning.
    Wow, is that all? Rofl. You just named about 19 of the starting 22 positions. And you even left out the kicker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Wow, is that all? Rofl. You just named about 19 of the starting 22 positions. And you even left out the kicker.
    I probably didn't word that correctly. My point is outside of the QB there should only be big money tied up in some Lineman and one of the following- a dominant pass catcher or back. And only one. The rest should be a combination of journeymen and young players.

Despite the horrendous play this season by the Ravens, the truth is that there is a lot of talent there and they could be back in it next year with a few smart moves at the draft and through free agency. With a new coordinator and a few defensive investments in the secondary I think we could be back to having the defense we need.

Blog Entries

Look no further than the example of peyton manning......for years he had record setting offenses . BUT!!! What happened to his offenses in January??? The year that he won it with the colts they had a great complimentary defense with guys like freeny and big hit bob in the back field. What happen to his high powered O in super bowl with denver? How many times did we give tom brady and his offense problems in the playoffs...in foxborough at that???? You guys need to cut this new era of football shit out

So lets see. We're going to leave Joe with a couple of tight ends and no body else who can catch the ball, while Ozzie takes five years (based on his recent track record I wouldn't hold my breath on that one) while he rebuilds the defense with his many "coveted" draft picks (remember Ozzie loves to acquire draft picks).

By the way the age of Ozzie's compensatory draft picks is coming to an end. Ain't nobody going to be signing any Ravens free agents any time soon.

So in the mean time we are going to pretend that the Ravens can field a run based offensive football team every game day, until they dig themselves into a hole that they expect Joe to bail them out of in the 4th quarter by throwing to nobody. That sure does sound like a plan to me.

I can't wait for that defense to show up.

So lets see. We're going to leave Joe with a couple of tight ends and no body else who can catch the ball, while Ozzie takes five years (based on his recent track record I wouldn't hold my breath on that one) while he rebuilds the defense with his many "coveted" draft picks (remember Ozzie loves to acquire draft picks).

By the way the age of Ozzie's compensatory draft picks is coming to an end. Ain't nobody going to be signing any Ravens free agents any time soon.

So in the mean time we are going to pretend that the Ravens can field a run based offensive football team every game day, until they dig themselves into a hole that they expect Joe to bail them out of in the 4th quarter by throwing to nobody. That sure does sound like a plan to me.

I can't wait for that defense to show up.
    This game plan is already in motion if you haven't already noticed :ww:

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    This game plan is already in motion if you haven't already noticed :ww:
    I guess you got me there