Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: I think we are sitting in the lead for the #1 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    As long as we sweep Shitsburgh and beat Seattle at home, it will be a good year for me. I'll be happy with a top 8 pick. I love my ravens but i just can't think of 1st overall pick for us. CantDeal.
    That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I'm kind of tiring of the trade down and ending up with marginal talent instead of elite talent. We aren't in this position often....and when we are we take absolute elite prospects. Suggs, Jamal, Ogden, Ngata, etc. If we're sitting within the top 5 I want someone like rather than trading down for the likes of another Upshaw, Oher, Elam, etc. later in the 1st round.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I'm kind of tiring of the trade down and ending up with marginal talent instead of elite talent. We aren't in this position often....and when we are we take absolute elite prospects. Suggs, Jamal, Ogden, Ngata, etc. If we're sitting within the top 5 I want someone like rather than trading down for the likes of another Upshaw, Oher, Elam, etc. later in the 1st round.
    If we have a top 5 pick and can move back a spot or two while picking up a second or third round pick, I would entertain that so long as the board is favorable to still get one of a couple specific players.

Moving from #3 to say #16 ......well that would flat out piss me off in all likelihood. Moving from say 3 to 6......could make sense depending on the needs of who you trade with and who comes after you before say the 6th pick.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

IMO, build the defense. It's what Ozzie knows. Let's get back to Ravens football. Smash mouth football. It will take a few years but build the defense and let them win our games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    You know, the funny thing is, had we won this game, our record would be the same as Seattle at 2-4. Very strange year.
    and they've had the lead in the 4th qtr in every game they lost

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I would look for the Oz to trade out and get more picks. He's gonna need all he can get..
    Of course he will - Ozzie craves picks - and we see what he does with them

7. Re: I think we are sitting in the lead for the #1 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    IMO, build the defense. It's what Ozzie knows. Let's get back to Ravens football. Smash mouth football. It will take a few years but build the defense and let them win our games.
    I agree......But Dean Pees tho
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

I'm not all about weighing one side of the ball over the other. Like has been said a million times you weigh the talent of the player with the need of the position. If there's an elite pass rusher there that is a higher grade than a WR or OT then you take him. But if the reverse is true you consider that as well.

In my opinion these drafts where we have just focused on one side of the ball over the other have not panned out too well. In 2013 & 2014, only looking at our first 4 picks in each, 7 of the 8 were on defense. We aren't seeing any returns on that investment and now both sides are suffering.

The era of defense winning games is OVER. Get Joe people who can catch the ball and a coordinator and head coach who knows how to play wide open football in the 21st century. Use Joe while you've got him. By the time you rebuild the defense you will need to go get a new quarterback. If the Ravens were playing aggressive offensive football and if Joe had some guys who could catch the ball - we'd be 5 and 1 despite Pees and the defense.

This is the INSANE philosophy that the Ravens are operating under today.

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    I agree......But Dean Pees tho
    Bosa was made to be a sam end in a 4-3. Then have him slide inside on third down. So we could have, in a best case scenario, Suggs, Dummervil, Jerinagan and Bosa as a third down package in Jim Schwartz's Wide Nine. Sounds good to me. Though I do have a man crush on Treadwell.
    Hi, I'm the 2000 Ravens defense and I have DirecTV.

And I'm the 2015 Ravens defense and I have cable

Blog Entries

just got off the phone with my mother about this very topic. Right now we are 1- 5 but we are very competitive. Losing Sizzle is proving to be a bigger deal than losing Ray to injury ever was. If we can get him back next year and draft somewhere in the top 5 let alone 1st WE COULD BE COOKING!!!! If Breshad's sucker ass can assimilate himself as a half way decent 1st rnd pick somewhere between now and the end of the season and we get a top 5 pick......next year WE COOKING !!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    If we have a top 5 pick and can move back a spot or two while picking up a second or third round pick, I would entertain that so long as the board is favorable to still get one of a couple specific players.

Moving from #3 to say #16 ......well that would flat out piss me off in all likelihood. Moving from say 3 to 6......could make sense depending on the needs of who you trade with and who comes after you before say the 6th pick.
    Sure. Depends on what the deal is. They haven't been the top 10 since 2003 when they grabbed Suggs.