31 years ago today

Sorting thru some junk today, I found the ticket stub from Oct 14, 1984 from a game at The Vet
    Eagles vs Indy Colts. Crowd was under 50k, and seats in the 700 level were $15.

Best part was Mike R. the artist at the Sunpaper, walking around with the Bob the Red Faced Owner dummy
    which was more personable the the real Red Faced Bob.

Re: 31 years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by gbgreg View Post
    Sorting thru some junk today, I found the ticket stub from Oct 14, 1984 from a game at The Vet
    Eagles vs Indy Colts. Crowd was under 50k, and seats in the 700 level were $15.

Best part was Mike R. the artist at the Sunpaper, walking around with the Bob the Red Faced Owner dummy
    which was more personable the the real Red Faced Bob.
    Here is an article about the dummy's return trip to the Vet in 1990. Oh, and the Irsay dummy was there again, too.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...igliano-coslet

What cracks me up is that Ricigliano had to buy a ticket for the dummy to bring him in the stadium. Don't think it would make it through security these days...

I remember it hanging in the Bay Cafe (Irsay hanging around a bar, imagine that!). I remember Chris Thomas doing some hilarious interviews with him on WBAL. Good times that bridged a dark period in Baltimore sports.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 10-26-2015 at 10:21 AM.