Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

This is why: Pass Catchers.

This isn't a fucking thread about who was more at fault or any of that bullshit. This thread is specifically about my issue with this front office, in reference to the pass catchers and if you have another fucking complaint go take it somewhere else and start another fucking thread.

Now......................

This is why you don't devalue your fucking pass catchers, because when teams play you in straight up man in crunchtime, you don't have anybody to break the fucking mode. Keep on trying to win like this is 2000. Keep on running off at the fucking mouth about how the front office doesn't win by trying to play fantasy. This isn't about fucking fantasy. This is about actual personnel and schematic advantages to having better fucking pass catchers to beat man coverage. A WR should be hungry for fucking one on one coverage, let alone be successful when he sees it.

Some of you people want to keep fucking towing the company line but don't have shit to say when Flacco doesn't have anywhere to go with the ball, because nobody can fucking step up and make a play against Man press coverage.

Fucking contrarians just want to be different from the rest of the league and then use bullshit assed excuses as to why teams with better pass catchers haven't won titles. As if it's okay to just devalue the position and now y'all mother fuckers are finding out how stupid that shit sounds when Joe Haden gets hurt, leaves the game and the team still doesn't have anybody to beat one-on-fucking-one.

This is what the fucking front office gets. They have a QB that is tough as nails in the toughest division in the conference by far, who never misses a start and can make all of the throws, and the main reason why they won the fucking title was because this man did something historic. I mean he damn near needed every last one of those 11 TDs or the Ravens wouldn't have won. Yet, you still can't wake the fuck up and see that this man could be a force, when he's now twice scored 30 points with 'You Don't Know Jack' at WR, and this time without Steve Smith. It shouldn't have to fucking come to this. You shouldn't just replace talent once talent leaves. You should be stacking talent on top of talent.

Now sit here and try to tell me some 'Fantasy' bullshit as an excuse for why this front office horribly undervalues pass catchers. Because this is the shit you're going to get all season now. So get fucking used to it. And this isn't even the worst of it. Wait until they actually face defenses worth a damn, that won't allow the Ravens to run the ball. Get fucking used to it. I hope you're happy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: This is why: Pass Catchers.

This philosophy takes the team's margin for error and shrinks it to the size of fucking Dink the Clown. People just aren't getting how difficult it is to win that way.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I tried to warn yall...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

1 reception by a receiver in the 2nd half.

How many times have we heard that shit?

The Browns adjusted. The Ravens' receivers couldn't get open.

What I want to know - why wasn't Ross out there more? He made some nice plays in the first half. I didn't see him out there at all in the 2nd half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

People wanted Joe to stop forcing throws and making bad decisions. Well he stopped, and held onto the ball, because nobody was fucking getting open.

Ex, let it out. Just express yourself and you'll feel better.

But seriously. Harbs is the boss. We know enough about him to be sure he has NOT surrounded himself with rebels. So you must look to him as the root of this problem. Harbs is in the position to dictate to his OC and DC, and he does. The team functions (or dysfunctions) as he desires.

I'm frankly SHOCKED the offense managed to put up 30 points with the cast of characters they have at receiver!

Agreed with everything and share your frustration. In a way this implosion was necessary. Only way for the FO to see how terrible their approach has been apparently since they've been content to Tandon Doss-it since 2013.

After 2013 we saw how disastrous it was to neglect receivers and they let it happen AGAIN. It's just ridiculous.

And yet they STILL scored 30 pts. Should've been 34 if they eschewed the 2pt conversion attempt and Tuck doesn't miss the FG. You score 30+ points, you should win. Especially at home.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I just don't get why it's so hard to realize that you have to build around Flacco and let him run the offense. It won us a fucking SB.

I just wish for once Ozzie would let it go. Let that 4th go and get me someone worth a fucking shit! I'm sick of pissing away my Franchise QB's years because we got fucking Johnny No-Hands at the WR and a 70 year old vet on the other side. I'm sick of this bullshit. It's sad.
    "The Superbowl belongs to Baltimore!" - Jim Nantz

Blog Entries

On more than one occasion Ozzie has admitted that he values defense over offense. It is ironic that the defense he has spent so many resources crafting fails week in and week out, while the offense that he constantly neglects keeps them in games. Just imagine what this team could do, if they managed to build around Flacco instead of cheaping out on offense and leaving him with shit. Just imagine if some of those funds used on defense were shifted to the offense because seriously, you do not have to spend 70(?) million dollars at CB to give up 450+ yards to a career back up. Asa Jackson and some other practice squad fodder can do that for under a million.

One thing is for sure, you never miss a good thing until it is gone. I complained a lot about Q, Torrey and Jacoby but I'd give anything to have that group back here for Joe.