Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: *MNF* Lions @ Seahawks

I actually picked the Lions last night and would've won the whole pot. So close...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That's terrible!! Now the lions are the only winless team in the league. Man Seattle seems to get lucky like that don't they?

But sorry Cincy, I'll be rooting for Seattle when you play them. I'm sure you understand ;)

Blog Entries

the fact that the guy stood by it saying it wasnt intentional is a joke. he should be downgraded and removed immediately.

that has nothing to do with not knowing the rules, as clearly he did. It doesnt have much to do with being full time, which i dont disagree with having. thats simply ignoring what you see and/or a lack of comprehension. nobody that watches that is going to say he tried to corral the ball or do anything other than intentionally knock the ball out. The guy even admitted so afterwards saying he didnt know the rule. the ref did and failed. being full time would not have stopped him from making that call. Hes just a horrible ref that needs to be removed.
    -JAB

Did Jim Caldwell protest? I would've lost it and gotten thrown out of the game for that blown call.

Jim's a nice man but he doesn't stay dialed in to these games and it's obvious.

I believe he should be fired today because it's a HC job to see everything. Fair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Did Jim Caldwell protest? I would've lost it and gotten thrown out of the game for that blown call.

I believe he should be fired today because it's a HC job to see everything. Fair or not.
    Yeah, this shouldn't have been a case where a review was even needed. The refs should've huddled together, get the facts straight and throw the flag, even if it's well after the play's over, like they do when a QB intentionally grounds the ball. Caldwell certainly should've been doing his best to "persuade" them. With the game in Seattle, no doubt the refs would've taken a beating over such a call (hopefully just a figurative one!), but that shouldn't be a factor at all. Maybe it was, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    But sorry Cincy, I'll be rooting for Seattle when you play them. I'm sure you understand ;)
    An NFC team??? Traitor!!!

But yes, I understand. :)
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    An NFC team??? Traitor!!!

But yes, I understand. :)
    Trust me I'm sick of Seattle and their "12s!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

That's part of the problem, he did nothing. The Lions sideline did nothing, they were not on top of it. One player in the endzone protested but that was it. The officials dropped the ball, the coaching staff did too. Just did not know the rule.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I've been actively watching and somewhat understanding football since the mid-90's and I've never even seen it called to my recollection. I've seen QBs and punters purposely kick or smack the ball out, but have never heard it called.

If you go by the rule, yes, a referee has to know that rule. However, I'm not even sure that Jim Caldwell knew the rule. That's why he didn't say anything.

This isn't like the playoff game last year, where Harbaugh knew the rule, Belichick knew the rule and the referee didn't. Hence, why Belichick was as quiet as a mouse and Harbaugh was irate.

Nobody knew this was a rule. That's crazy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore