Page 5 of 365 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Way too early 2016 WR Thread

FWIW, I'd love to get a shot at Jeffery, but like so many others have said, I don't think the Bears are going to let him go. Who would they have at receiver?

I also wonder if he may be one of those #2 guys who disappoint with a new team that expects him to be a #1.

I think guys like Sanu and Randle likely are more realistic in UFA.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Paging Wicked. Wicked, please come to the thread.

Given the WR situation we're facing next season, it seems like a foregone conclusion that the team will be bringing in a number of wide receivers in the off season.

IMO, Perriman is the only true lock for the roster. Waller will be under contract, but he's a late round guy that could be cut loose if he doesn't develop without too much heartache.

Timing is everything and, unfortunately, there's neither a strong Free Agent class not a deep WR class.

Who is on everyone's wish list--be it a pro or a draft pick?

I'll start:

I want Alshon Jeffrey and Laquan Treadwell (but only in the second or beyond).

This whole thread is interesting, but a Joke....

we all know Ozzie will ignore WR like the past 20 years, But even if he does try to get a legit WR, with our scouting of WR, I will bet money he is a bust.

And we would never dare to spend money on a real threat for Flacco....

Blog Entries

Told you guys:

http://m.auburntigers.com/m/sports/m...100515aae.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    This whole thread is interesting, but a Joke....

we all know Ozzie will ignore WR like the past 20 years, But even if he does try to get a legit WR, with our scouting of WR, I will bet money he is a bust.

And we would never dare to spend money on a real threat for Flacco....

When have The Ravens ever had the cap space to spend money on a real threat ? To my understanding itt seems like they have always been tight against the cap. Saying Ozzie has ignore the wr position for the past 20 years hopefully must be a joke because Ozzie was alot more aggressive at drafting wide receivers before Flacco came here.

Most of Ozzie drafted receiver didn't work out but also didn't have Flacco throwing to them. Atleast Torrey Smith didn't become a must and hopefully Perriman won't be either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    When have The Ravens ever had the cap space to spend money on a real threat ? To my understanding itt seems like they have always been tight against the cap. Saying Ozzie has ignore the wr position for the past 20 years hopefully must be a joke because Ozzie was alot more aggressive at drafting wide receivers before Flacco came here.

Most of Ozzie drafted receiver didn't work out but also didn't have Flacco throwing to them. Atleast Torrey Smith didn't become a must and hopefully Perriman won't be either.
    He also traded for TO, but he refused to play here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Told you guys:

http://m.auburntigers.com/m/sports/m...100515aae.html

you just wonder about some of these guys. He would've been drafted

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post

Regardless of what happens with Perriman, the #1 priority in next years FA/draft must must must be getting the top WR(s) that they can. Not the best value in the draft, not the best leftover after cuts, the best on their draft board and/or the best FA they can afford. They are, and have been, wasting value on the money they spend on Flacco by not giving him good enough options to throw to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'd say 85% chance of him getting a sniff in the supplemental. But your point is well taken. He has the whole world ahead of him if he puts his head down and focuses on school and his craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    Regardless of what happens with Perriman, the #1 priority in next years FA/draft must must must be getting the top WR(s) that they can. Not the best value in the draft, not the best leftover after cuts, the best on their draft board and/or the best FA they can afford. They are, and have been, wasting value on the money they spend on Flacco by not giving him good enough options to throw to.
    arent we off the hook for rice, ngatas, jacoby jones contracts and and other's expiring contracts? Im not cap expert but isnt that like close to 20 million? I know Joe's cap number jumps up 14 million....

If I'm Joe Flacco, I say Screw you, Im not restructuring unless you get me weapons

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hung out with some of the Auburn coaching assistants while down there for the Miss State game a few weeks ago. My wife's cousin loves with one of the assistants and actually, his dad is the DC for Western Kentucky right now.

I got some good Intel on some SEC players. I specifically asked about Duke Williams and the first thing out of his mouth is he doesn't take well to coaching. He's a hot head and wants to do his own thing.

You could see it on the field too. He's arguably their best offensive player and he was barely part of their game plan against Miss State.

Apparently he also has weight issues. Though he is listed around 220, he is closer to 240 and at 6'1"-6'2", that's a lot of bulk.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Matt Miller had us taking Mike Williams

http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=ht...on-predictions

The Pick: WR Mike Williams, Clemson

Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams is a top 10 prospect, and the No. 1 wide receiver on my big board, but a fractured neck suffered in Week 1 has kept him out for the last month and could cost him the season. That makes him a value at No. 16, and the talent Williams showed before injury makes him a steal and Day 1 starter in Baltimore.

The Breshad Perriman pick was weird when it happened in Round 1 last year, and it's not looking good now with Perriman's injuries keeping him off the field. But team Perriman and Williams up on the edge and you have serious speed to take advantage of one of the game's top downfield passers in Joe Flacco. And when healthy, Williams has all the tools to be a true No. 1 receiver, which allows Perriman to fill out that role he's better suited for as a No. 2.
    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Matt Miller had us taking Mike Williams

http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=ht...on-predictions

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    He's a good size speed guy. I don't think I'd take him that high, but he's pretty damn good. He reminds me of Martavious Bryant actually...a little slower, but more reliable hands.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.