Page 363 of 365 FirstFirst ... 361362363364365 LastLast
Results 4,345 to 4,356 of 4369
  1. Re: The Quite Timely 2016 Draft Thread

With Jerry Jones publicly saying that they won't be taking a QB, I'll maybe read it as a flat out lie (he appears to be the type:o) and they probably want one. In Dallas, that QB either sits a year or two and learns behind a healthy Romo (unlikely). Or Romo gets hurt again (very likely), and he steps in takes the starter job.

Maybe Dallas really covets one like Wentz, but they likely would have to leapfrog Cleveland. Realistically, they are the only true trade partner with Tenn. Tenn still gets either Ramsey, Jack, or Tunsil at #4 and they get an extra pick from Dallas. Dallas doesnt have to pay a king's ransom....only their 2nd round or maybe next years 1st round....to get their future QB. You might say that only a 2nd rounder isnt enough to move from #4 to #1. Since this year's #1's value is so low, Tenn isnt going to get offered much unlike prior years when there were truly great NFL prospects. If you look at history, 1995 draft, Cincy traded up to #1 from #5 and only offered Panthers their 2nd rounder. That was in the Jimmy Johnson Draft Chart Era also.

This might be a Wild Ass Guess, but its a scenario, somewhat plausible that I haven't seen yet.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 04-08-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Re: The Quite Timely 2016 Draft Thread

Very cool breakdown: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...xperts?ref=yfp

It compiles the results of 95 different mocks into pie charts for each team. One takeaway is that nobody knows what the hell the Ravens are going to do.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Very cool breakdown: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...xperts?ref=yfp

It compiles the results of 95 different mocks into pie charts for each team. One takeaway is that nobody knows what the hell the Ravens are going to do.
    DE DeForestBuckner 32.6%
    OT Ronnie Stanley 28.4%
    DE Joey Bosa 18.9%
    LB Myles Jack 6.3%
    CB VernonHargreaves 5.3%
    DB Jalen Ramsey 3.2%
    Others 5.3%

since they break down by % and others is 5.3%, it means that no player in others is above Ramsey's 3.2%
    So if we for dysenterys and guffaws say that Elliott is 3% that means that there is at least one other having up to 2.3% who the heck are they projecting to us? Shaq??

They list 6 players, leave off Tunsil (understood) and adding 1-2 QBs that is 10 players with Elliott ... people are projecting we are taking someone most people have ranked 11 or less at 6? SMH
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    DE DeForestBuckner 32.6%
    OT Ronnie Stanley 28.4%
    DE Joey Bosa 18.9%
    LB Myles Jack 6.3%
    CB VernonHargreaves 5.3%
    DB Jalen Ramsey 3.2%
    Others 5.3%

since they break down by % and others is 5.3%, it means that no player in others is above Ramsey's 3.2%
    So if we for dysenterys and guffaws say that Elliott is 3% that means that there is at least one other having up to 2.3% who the heck are they projecting to us? Shaq??

They list 6 players, leave off Tunsil (understood) and adding 1-2 QBs that is 10 players with Elliott ... people are projecting we are taking someone most people have ranked 11 or less at 6? SMH
    It's probably something like 2.5% Elliott, 2.5% Tunsil, and a few jokers throwing out random crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    It's probably something like 2.5% Elliott, 2.5% Tunsil, and a few jokers throwing out random crap.
    I assumed Tunsil wouldn't be there
    You are right some idjut has him falling to us at six

It is a amalgamation of 95 mocks so each selection is 1.01% (1/95th) so now things make even less sense to me.... if 3 people took Ramsey, that would be 3.03% of the pie chart not 3.2% (31 people out of 95 took Buckner which gives the 32.6% so it checks at the top, but not at the bottom)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    With Jerry Jones publicly saying that they won't be taking a QB, I'll maybe read it as a flat out lie
    Dallas can help themselves a few different ways in this draft. I think the best long-term move is to get Romo's replacement. But if they're determined to win this season: Elliott would be amazing behind their O-line, and any top defender would start immediately for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Cardale Jones - QB - Player

CBS Sports’ Jason LaCanfora reports the Bills are "enamored" with Ohio State QB Cardale Jones.

"The buzz I hear about Jones makes me think he could very well be their guy," said LaCanfora. "Their interest in him is strong." Buffalo held a private workout with Jones and he’s scheduled to make a pre-draft visit. With Tyrod Taylor in a contract year, the Bills view him as a potential 2017 starter. Jones has been trending up since the Combine, with some not expecting him to make it out of the second round. WKBW’s Joe Buscaglia says a "marriage between the sides makes a lot of sense."

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    DE DeForestBuckner 32.6%
    OT Ronnie Stanley 28.4%
    DE Joey Bosa 18.9%
    LB Myles Jack 6.3%
    CB VernonHargreaves 5.3%
    DB Jalen Ramsey 3.2%
    Others 5.3%

Could it be that a few mockers has us trading down and picking (insert uh Cravens/Spence/Floyd etc here)?

Love this thread. FWIW, my 2 cents: Jack or VH3 would make me VERY happy. And this is a very crucial draft for us. Tony said it perfectly:

"During the first 13 Ozzie Newsome-led drafts the Ravens have landed on 16 Pro Bowlers, tied for the NFL high during that period. Since? Try 1 Pro Bowler in the last 7 drafts (CJ Mosley)."

I am worried. We need solid contributors, not guys we take because we think we're smarter than anyone else.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Love this thread. FWIW, my 2 cents: Jack or VH3 would make me VERY happy. And this is a very crucial draft for us. Tony said it perfectly:

"During the first 13 Ozzie Newsome-led drafts the Ravens have landed on 16 Pro Bowlers, tied for the NFL high during that period. Since? Try 1 Pro Bowler in the last 7 drafts (CJ Mosley)."

I am worried. We need solid contributors, not guys we take because we think we're smarter than anyone else.
    False. Tyrod Taylor is a Pro Bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post

Pro Bowlers aren't an accurate measure of a team's draft success.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco