Page 3 of 365 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Way too early 2016 WR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I was assuming he probably would get a ridiculous contract somewhere else that the Ravens wouldn't match.

Trust me, I'd prefer Jeffrey to pretty much anyone. I wanted him coming out of college because of his ability to make contested receptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeffery will get a big money contract but maybe after going through this season the Ravens will treat the position differently in free agency. The only success they've at at WR was when they paid up for Mason and then Boldin. With Trestman here they can get some great information on how much Jeffery really is worth. If we're going to overpay it's better to go for the big talent guy who has had some great seasons instead of the okay guy like Randall who never really put it together.

I also don't see much in the way of a top prospect in this years draft. Free agency might be more attractive if the Ravens feel that way.

Blog Entries

GOTA - what are your thoughts on Dural out of LSU? Seems to be a decent height/weight/speed guy.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm with Raveninwoodlawn when it comes to South Carolina's Pharoh Cooper. Just a good football player.

He has nice acceleration, but his top end speed isn't overly fast. Still, he plays fast in pads and has plenty of speed to take the top off of a defense and outrun defenders. Nice YAC ability as well.

Decently sized at 5'11" 205lbs and unlike most 5'11" listed receivers in college, he actually looks like a true 5'11".

Nice hands and footwork. He toe-taps both feet on the sideline. He'll elevate and high point passes. He makes receptions in traffic.

The only question I have for him is how will he do against press? But, I have that question for every receiver.

I'd be stoked to land him in the 2nd round.

id throw a late round pick at c patterson from minnesota. at worse he can be a great return guy for years to come

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    id throw a late round pick at c patterson from minnesota. at worse he can be a great return guy for years to come
    That's what I'm saying.

Blog Entries

I was pretty high on Duke Williams from Auburn, but I'm not interested in him before round 3 or 4 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    GOTA - what are your thoughts on Dural out of LSU? Seems to be a decent height/weight/speed guy.

Thats the kid I meant on the first page. Couldnt remember his name.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensZ06 View Post
    Thats the kid I meant on the first page. Couldnt remember his name.
    :word

Dude can fly down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'd sign Alshon Jeffery. Most liked the idea of trading for him. Why not bring him in as a free agent?
    Cause if the Bears dont get him done or franchise him they are idiots. I doubt he ever hits the open market.

Bears are going to need a quarterback, I doubt they want to lose a weapon like Jeffrey, he is a pretty good weapon have around for young quarterback. Even though they have White also, his injury will limit him as Perrimans has and in many ways when healthy White and Jeffery look like a really nice duo that compliment each other on terms of skill. Bears need a quarterback and defensive help, I doubt they want to add a wide receiver to that list as well. They will have the cap room to resign Jeffrey

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Cause if the Bears dont get him done or franchise him they are idiots. I doubt he ever hits the open market.

Bears are going to need a quarterback, I doubt they want to lose a weapon like Jeffrey, he is a pretty good weapon have around for young quarterback. Even though they have White also, his injury will limit him as Perrimans has and in many ways when healthy White and Jeffery look like a really nice duo that compliment each other on terms of skill. Bears need a quarterback and defensive help, I doubt they want to add a wide receiver to that list as well. They will have the cap room to resign Jeffrey

The Bear's cap situation could impact whether they pay Jeffrey or not.

They're clearly cutting J-Bone (Cutler), so either they're going to use their 1st to draft someone or try and sign someone. Plus, they need to completely re-tool their defense to fit Vic Fangio's scheme. They're going to have spend some cash for their front-7...it's not going to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I know Wicked doesn't like many receievers this year, but there are a couple I'd consider depending on how they do this year. I don't know if we have a shot, but the consensus best WR going into the year is Tyler Boyd out of Pitt. Treadwell probably would have been that guy if he hadn't shredded his knee last year.

But I do agree that this years class doesn't compare at all to the previous 2 at WR in terms of top end talent, nor depth.
    Treadwell looks good this year. If his combine speed numbers and medicals are good, mark my words, he is far and away the best NFL ready WR and will be a top 10 pick.

He is very Dez Bryant like in terms of ability. Great size and has huge very good hands...very gifted. He also has a good head and does not have the character issues that Boyd has (DWI)

Think way to many of you are to quick to dismiss Treadwell. By all accounts his knee is healed and looks good.

“A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Treadwell looks good this year. If his combine speed numbers and medicals are good, mark my words, he is far and away the best NFL ready WR and will be a top 10 pick.

He is very Dez Bryant like in terms of ability. Great size and has huge very good hands...very gifted. He also has a good head and does not have the character issues that Boyd has (DWI)

Think way to many of you are to quick to dismiss Treadwell. By all accounts his knee is healed and looks good.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player.

What I am saying is that this upcoming draft is a REALLY good defensive draft and depending on when the Ravens are picking, it may make more sense to go after a pass-rusher or corner. That's all.