Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&T experience

M&T experience

Tony's article along with Prestons today had me thinking back to Sunday -aside from the debacle that was witnessed. As TL's article touched on, Gate D was a cluster of almost epic proportions so much for the more efficient ingress into the stadium. The WiFi was still spotty and slow at times. I don't even know what to think about the second coming of Spinal Tap in the endzone playing a really bad version of the Scorpions and trying to pander to the crowd...if that along with some additional pyro down the Russell St endzone pre-game is what they think is going to entice folks to come to the stadium vs sportsbar or watching it at home they need to try harder........reading the Sun today I really didn't notice the change in music/DJ as other people were saying on there and on the radio........how was everyone's experiences Sunday?

Vote here: LINK
    Last edited by TL24x7; 09-30-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Re: M&T experience

Can't speak for the wifi and other stuff as I don't use wifi in there or alot of the other stuff but Gate D was a freakin' nightmare.
    Have no idea what the other gates were like but I'll assume similar experiences.
    That deal with the metal detectors has to go or get more of them.
    They had like 3 lines of people all funneling into one detector.
    They need to get more detectors and have 1 line partitioned off with those fence barrier things so each line is dedicated to each detector. It's not that difficult to do.
    Mrs. Fanatic was not happy at all with the arrangement they had.
    When they were doing the opening national anthem I looked up and couldn't believe how many empty seats there were.
    I told the Mrs. they were all still stuck outside trying to get in.
    What a freakin' joke!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

wasn't there but I saw this article: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...929-story.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Gates were terrible. Agree they don't have enough metal detectors. Someone said they had some gates closed, which made the crowds at the open gates worse. The wi-fi worked fine for me. Not bad at all. I didn't really notice any differences for the other stuff. The band still blows.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

The metal detectors aren't going anywhere. That's a league mandate.

My father said one of the gates by the players parking lot was closed. He heard from another gate worker they didn't have the staffing to open all the gates. FWIW.

Oh I know that....they just need more of them. I figured gates were closed due to lack of metal detectors. Not sure how they screw up and not have enough staffing. Either way, they need to fix it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I like the rock band. The lead guitarist jams.
    I entered the stadium later then usual. I use the gate one up from D (just past the suite entrance towards the light rail). It was crowded but I got through in 5 minutes. Then I hang a left up the ramp. Works much better than gate D.
    The crowd was a little slow warming up but they eventually got in full thro however. Too bad the Defense couldn't rally.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

M&T experience

Glad I didn't waste my money on tickets. It's way too expensive to have to go and deal with all that mess.

Hard to beat my recliner, cheap beer and big screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

All the gates were a nightmare. I ended up standing in line on the South side entrance opposite the statues. They didn't have metal detectors, just the wands. WTF was that all about??? I got there the same time I had since 1998 and never had an issue.

I like the rock band. They do a great job. Rock You Like A Hurricane was spot on and the lead guitarist nailed it.

They still need escalators.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Glad I didn't waste my money on tickets. It's way too expensive to have to go and deal with all that mess.

Hard to beat my recliner, cheap beer and big screen.

and no wait for the bathroom and redzone during commercials. I used to go all the time; no more...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and no wait for the bathroom and redzone during commercials. I used to go all the time; no more...
    Yep no panicked dashes to the bathroom after holding it for a hour. I too used to go to almost every game but im kind of done with it. I'll make it to a game or two.

Blog Entries

The other thing that was nuts is that they had the metal detectors, but told us to hold our phones keys and metal objects in our hands as we walked through the detectors. So....what was the point of the detectors?

If you had a Glock in your wasteband, they would never had detected it.

If we have to wait all that time to have a secure experience, at least make it secure. Sunday was the worst of both worlds -- no security and no convenience.