Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Headline from Today's Late for Work: Could Marlon Brown Lose Snaps To Michael Campanaro?

My question is, why hasn't he already? Campanaro showed more last year. He's been dinged up and I understand that Trestman likes Brown's size. But while Marlon might be physically bigger, Camps plays bigger--similar to Steve Smith. Put him in the lineup, he'll get open, he'll convert third downs, and he'll be in a position to score.

Re: Headline from Today's Late for Work: Could Marlon Brown Lose Snaps To Michael Campanaro?

who knows wtf is going on with coaching. its been a sh!t show the last few years with WRs. at this point who cares

Re: Headline from Today's Late for Work: Could Marlon Brown Lose Snaps To Michael Campanaro?

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    My question is, why hasn't he already? Campanaro showed more last year. He's been dinged up and I understand that Trestman likes Brown's size. But while Marlon might be physically bigger, Camps plays bigger--similar to Steve Smith. Put him in the lineup, he'll get open, he'll convert third downs, and he'll be in a position to score.
    I would guess since Trestman wasn't here last season, he is going off of what he saw during the camps. So, one season of past history might not mean much to Trestman.
    If he saw any tape at all, and I am betting he did. Then he probably saw Marlon's winning TD catch, in the snow, against the Vikings...since they were a division rival of Trestman.

Also, we have one 5'9" receiver out there now, and with the lack of pass protection, I'm thinking it is a lot easier to see his 6'5" receiver with 6'5" linemen in his face, than another 5'9" one. I do agree Camp can get open, but Joe doesn't have much time back there. They will need all hands on deck, but they also need someone who stretches the field and some height out there since Joe doesn't have enough time to always throw a perfect pass...which seems to be the only way our receivers actually catch the ball.

I mean, everyone says Joe's pick six was terrible and should never have been thrown, but then again, he might have been throwing to a spot, expecting and trusting his veteran receiver to be there, and simply couldn't see, due to constant pressure, that he wasn't.
    He was trusting his number one guy, who is 5'9", to be there, and make a play in a big game. Trestman surely knows why Joe threw that. Maybe that's on his mind with playing a much bigger Brown.
    OF course, if all the receivers keep dropping catchable passes, I'm sure we will see all of them get a shot as evidenced by even Waller getting a chance with two jump balls.
    I really wished he would have caught one of them. Nothing like a 6'almost7" WR out there making catches. Really would have taken some pressure off of SmithSR and Gillmore.

This one I don't see. Marlon Brown has done nothing but make plays in his time here. Clutch catches for first downs, touchdowns, you name it. I can't remember ever seeing him drop a pass either. Now of course his upside is limited, he's not the most explosive athlete, but I see no reason why we should prefer camp?

Blog Entries

Marlon Brown has 4 catches for 22 yards this season. If that was cut to 2 catches for 11 yards would it even matter?

Blog Entries

It's about time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Marlon Brown has 4 catches for 22 yards this season. If that was cut to 2 catches for 11 yards would it even matter?
    4 for 37, but the point remains. our 2nd wr isnt getting many chances let alone our 3rd and 4th.

personally I dont see why they arent mixing them up more. who gets less or more isnt really the point, its whos going to be able exploit a mismatch more. May have a thought on that going into a game as to who starts, but i dont see why you wouldnt give a few plays to see if something that wasnt working, could work another way.

camp should be in because hes the fastest guy on the team without perriman. Thats the reason he should be getting snaps, and it has little to do with Brown or aiken for that matter, imo.
    -JAB

Please do something. Brown can't get separation, Campanaro is an explosive route runner and can get YAC.

Blog Entries

Camp not being on the field offensively is really a mystery to me. Not sure it makes a difference in the first two games but he's IMO their second best receiver IF he's healthy. Which he is. So he should be on the field offensively in some capacity.

Blog Entries

If it was Ssr losing snaps to Campanaro it would be real news. Anyone else.....meh

Quote Originally Posted by DC Raven View Post
    This one I don't see. Marlon Brown has done nothing but make plays in his time here. Clutch catches for first downs, touchdowns, you name it. I can't remember ever seeing him drop a pass either. Now of course his upside is limited, he's not the most explosive athlete, but I see no reason why we should prefer camp?
    So why is a big guy with hands you like not getting more targets?? Apparently he can't get open in the time Joe has to throw. I'd think with his size it is a matter of timing routes/passes; he should win most jump balls that Joe gets to him. Maybe he has height but no moves?

Campanaro seems like a textbook Smurf WR (a la Edelman, Welker, etc.). Has he not had enough playing/field time to develop chemistry w/ Joe? Durability issues. Somebody has to start making plays besides Senior and the TEs!

Put Camp out there. We need to see if the man of glass can hold up and if he can get him some reps, especially with Senior leaving next year.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."