Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

WIth the 1st pick in the 2016

The Baltimore Ravens select?

This team has a lot of good pieces. Strong O-line, Storng D-line and a top 5-10 QB, a few play makers on O and D is what we're missing ( and getting rid of Pees). A top pick in Rd 1 at WR and a higher tier pick in Rnd 2 at CB could make a lot of difference.

A little hyperbole and some humor, but if we start 0 -4 which is very possible, do we tank and go for a high draft pick?

Blog Entries

Re: WIth the 1st pick in the 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

This team has a lot of good pieces. Strong O-line, Storng D-line and a top 5-10 QB, a few play makers on O and D is what we're missing ( and getting rid of Pees). A top pick in Rd 1 at WR and a higher tier pick in Rnd 2 at CB could make a lot of difference.

A little hyperbole and some humor, but if we start 0 -4 which is very possible, do we tank and go for a high draft pick?
    As much as I would want a high draft pick if we start 0-4, no NFL team intentionally tanks. Players are playing for their jobs, coaches are coaching for theirs.

One of the other things I think is missing with this team (in addition to speed and talent at certain positions) is fire. There is no one on this team that has much fire other than SSS and Sizzle. I don't see anyone other than those two who say, "They are not going to take this away from us today."

There is a leadership/motivation gap. It sounds like a minor thing, but it is not. Ray Lewis made mediocre players play way above their heads -- Edgerton Hartwell, Adalius Thomas, the list goes on for a while. Right now, we are playing below our potential -- lack of leadership and fire is one reason why.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    As much as I would want a high draft pick if we start 0-4, no NFL team intentionally tanks. Players are playing for their jobs, coaches are coaching for theirs.

One of the other things I think is missing with this team (in addition to speed and talent at certain positions) is fire. There is no one on this team that has much fire other than SSS and Sizzle. I don't see anyone other than those two who say, "They are not going to take this away from us today."

There is a leadership/motivation gap. It sounds like a minor thing, but it is not. Ray Lewis made mediocre players play way above their heads -- Edgerton Hartwell, Adalius Thomas, the list goes on for a while. Right now, we are playing below our potential -- lack of leadership and fire is one reason why.
    :word

Blog Entries

I don't think it's on Bisciotti, Newsome or Harbaugh's DNA to ever tank a season. But this team is in dire need to some top 10 talent. Drafting in the high 20's has to catch up with you at some point unless you're Brady and Belichick. But I agree the pieces are in place. They just need to add some play makers, which is easier said than done of course. But Losing Torrey Smith, Ray Rice, Jacoby Jones, Suggs, Anquan Boldin, Ed Reed and Ray Lewis was just huge. Those guys all made plays at some point in the 2012 season that put this team over the top. The Ravens have a QB, kicker and strong lines on D and offense. That's the best way to start.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

The Ravens aren't going to have to tank - just look at the schedule - at the teams we play. Does anyone think a Pees defense can survive those games

This is a ridiculous thread, but it's clear they need a legit pass rusher who can beat 1v1 consistently. That or a CB.

Blog Entries

We shouldn't tank the season for a higher draft pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Joey Bosa should would be a nice get though, lol.

We need an entire secondary, and a new DC

The first pick needs to be a left tackle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    The first pick needs to be a left tackle.
    Definitely should be in consideration.

I don't like any of the receivers in round 1 next season.

We could easily go 0-4, which is just weird for the Ravens. Also, tanking a season for the #1 pick is one thing but doing it in SSSr's last season? I would be afraid..very afraid. Let's see if we can sneak into the playoffs and make noise like always.