Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rooting For the AFC West This Week

AFC West teams playing Sunday: Broncos (hosting Squealers) and Chiefs (@ NEPs).

What team do we Ravens fan hate more than any other? Squealers of course.

(by the way, anyone else think it's ironic they're complaining about dirty/rough play from the Bungles? They specialized in. I wonder if Marvin purposely recruited thugs to keep up wi Pigsburgh's thugs.)

What's our second-most despised team? I'm sure the Bungles would get a few votes but I think most of us would agree we loathe the NEPs. Nobody likes cheaters. Especially smug humorless ones that crow after wins and sulk and hide after losses (remember their pouting after the 2012 AFCC?)

so on behalf of we Ravens fans; and indeed, for good people everywhere; GO AFC WEST!!!!
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Rooting For the AFC West This Week

I'll second the OP. I'm mostly hoping for good games, but I can get on board with the Steelers and Pats getting knocked out.

Plus I love to see defense heavy teams make deep runs in the playoffs. KC doesn't just play solid defense, they create turnovers and score points (sometimes on special teams as well). Teams like that reminde me of the first Ravens Super Bowl.

And at this point Denver is defense first as well. I don't think Peyton has enough left in the tank, even after getting some extra time to rest and recover. Their D will have to carry them.

But my prediction is a Steelers-Pats AFC Championship with the Steelers going to the Super Bowl.

The DEN/PIT game is largely going to be determined by the injuries to Ben and Brown. If one of them can't play, Denver should win. If both of them can't play, Denver should win by 20.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The DEN/PIT game is largely going to be determined by the injuries to Ben and Brown. If one of them can't play, Denver should win. If both of them can't play, Denver should win by 20.
    What if they can play but not play well? Ben is facing a defense that hits very hard. I could see him getting knocked out of that game

Reports on yahoo that Brown has been cleared already

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What if they can play but not play well? Ben is facing a defense that hits very hard. I could see him getting knocked out of that game
    Ben plays well hurt, how, I don't know. Maybe the team rallies around him and plays better. If he doesn't throw INTs, steelers will be competitive.

Brown playing is crazy after seeing him fall down after burfict had contact with him. Leads me to believe he's either a tough MF or played that for all he could get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Ben plays well hurt, how, I don't know. Maybe the team rallies around him and plays better. If he doesn't throw INTs, steelers will be competitive.

Brown playing is crazy after seeing him fall down after burfict had contact with him. Leads me to believe he's either a tough MF or played that for all he could get out of it.
    The hit was dirty and unnecessary and totally deserved its flag, but you know Brown was milking it for all it was worth. I wouldn't call it a flop... he didn't pretend to go down. But in that spot, of course you stay down, draw the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    Reports on yahoo that Brown has been cleared already
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 44m44 minutes ago
    As much as some might question it, Steelers WR Antonio Brown is in the concussion protocol, per source.

Damn right!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Chiefs blast Brady and Co. right in the pooper this weekend.... book it.
    "insert witty comment"

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegraven View Post
    Your lips to God's ears.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Your lips to God's ears.
    What he said:word
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!