Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Lawrence Phillips(remember him?)found dead in prison at age 40

Re: Lawrence Phillips(remember him?)found dead in prison at age 40

This guy's biggest threat was always himself. Not even prison could save him. Sad story as I feel this guy's problems were deeper than anyone knows.

Yikes. Wonder if they'll take a look at his brain? Some of the quotes sound a bit like Seau.

Certainly sad to hear anyone go out this way (not excusing his actions that put him in jail).

Not to be disrespectful of the deceased, but could you imagine how Ozzie selecting him over Ogden may have changed the course of the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    Yikes. Wonder if they'll take a look at his brain? Some of the quotes sound a bit like Seau.
    I think Phillips had emotional issues loooooong before any head shots from playing football took effect. Not to say that Seau did not, mind you, but Phillips had always publicly been a ticking time bomb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Certainly sad to hear anyone go out this way (not excusing his actions that put him in jail).

Not to be disrespectful of the deceased, but could you imagine how Ozzie selecting him over Ogden may have changed the course of the franchise?
    If Ozzie had selected him, we would look like the Browns, that decision was the fork in the road that led to the Raven's heritage.

If they autopsy and find tau proteins (ala Seau) with the Concussion movie out now .....
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    If Ozzie had selected him, we would look like the Browns, that decision was the fork in the road that led to the Raven's heritage.

If they autopsy and find tau proteins (ala Seau) with the Concussion movie out now .....
    I don't know how long it takes for those symptoms to manifest. Phillips was throwing women down staircases when he was 20.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I don't know how long it takes for those symptoms to manifest. Phillips was throwing women down staircases when he was 20.
    No argument there, but if so it may point to early damage?

He attended West Covina High School in West Covina, California for his freshman and sophomore years. He was a varsity starter both on offense as a running back and defense as an outside linebacker. He then attended Baldwin Park High School in Baldwin Park, California for his junior and senior years, winning CIF his junior year which attracted the attention of the University of Nebraska.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Phillips

That IMO is the NFL's biggest fear.... that mothers stop their children from playing football (Pop Warner .... Freshmen HS ....) if that happens we see the athletes head to Soccer, or back to baseball etc. at an early age

I don't think Phillips doing things at 20 negates it since he was playing O and D together as a HS freshman at 14? Varsity as a freshman?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

If you watch League of Denial, the research group from Boston University found tau protein in an 18 year old so...we'll see.

A tragic life, in the most classical sense of the word.

Blog Entries

He was a bad man. Phillips hurt many people

Blog Entries

Sad. That guy was a sociopath in every sense of the word.