Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Boy, Monroe is Always Hurt

When we signed Monroe I was excited to see him and glad we got such a workout warrior. However, its becoming incresingly rare to see him play. Whether its a knee or hes on the sideline with a bag of ice on his arm or the most recent concussion, I can not help but question his durability. Does anyone else wonder when we will move on from this wounded workout warrior?
    All ravens fans are right about something

Blog Entries

Re: Boy, Monroe is Always Hurt

If you search you'll see a whole bunch of talk about this the past week. Next year his dead money would equal his salary if the Ravens cut Monroe. That means that if there is a better option they could take it. "If' is the key word. I expect that person would have to show they could win the job this year while Monroe is out. I don't see them cutting Monroe for some journeyman free agent.

He hasn't really had anything major, it's just been a bunch of small stuff. For now, it could just be an unfortunate coincidence. I'm not really sure it's a surefire trend yet (like it is with Webb).

Quote Originally Posted by rararavens View Post
    When we signed Monroe I was excited to see him and glad we got such a workout warrior. However, its becoming incresingly rare to see him play. Whether its a knee or hes on the sideline with a bag of ice on his arm or the most recent concussion, I can not help but question his durability. Does anyone else wonder when we will move on from this wounded workout warrior?
    Agreed. Like Zuttah, he seemed (and was) an upgrade from where we were before we acquired him, but I'm not seeing enough continuity/durability. We're not going to win with Hurst and Wagner in there; moving Yanda to an OT and using Urschel @ G destabilizes another position and kills any interior OL depth. Can't control for injury (esp, concussion which the League watches closely & has hands tied). But I wont lie, first thing I thought when Monroe came out on Sunday was "Soft?..."

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    He hasn't really had anything major, it's just been a bunch of small stuff. For now, it could just be an unfortunate coincidence. I'm not really sure it's a surefire trend yet (like it is with Webb).
    Agreed.

Having a concussion has nothing to do with preparation or being in shape. Yes, he may have taken a hard hit in the preseason and had a sore arm and missed a meaningless preseason game, but I personally don't see Monroe as being a big issue unless he's missing extended time from injuries which could have been prevented by better conditioning. Injuries happen, and some of the best players and guys who are conditioned well get them. With the depth at LT the Ravens currently have and Hurst's play last Sunday, I'll be happy to see Monroe back on game day.

The position has been a curse on the Ravens for years. Time to bring in a witch doctor to remove it. At this point , anything to help the Ravens get a good, healthy player for that position. Hire Ogden to coach them up, LOL.

Blog Entries

it aint been right since Ogden lord knows. A concussion you can't do nothing bout that they happen just like other injuries in the game, no player wants to be injured, shit just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it aint been right since Ogden lord knows. A concussion you can't do nothing bout that they happen just like other injuries in the game, no player wants to be injured, shit just happens.
    And even Ogden's career was arguably cut short by turf toe, of all things. The way Ogden played, he might've had another 5-6 years in him easily if it weren't for that nagging injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    And even Ogden's career was arguably cut short by turf toe, of all things. The way Ogden played, he might've had another 5-6 years in him easily if it weren't for that nagging injury.
    true dat, that turf toe ended his career way short, what beat he was, there's always talk about Ray and Ed, but man Ogden was a once in generation tackle, nobody else was even close.

true dat, that turf toe ended his career way short, what beat he was, there's always talk about Ray and Ed, but man Ogden was a once in generation tackle, nobody else was even close.
    You're right not.even.close. Boselli was legit, but I used to get so mad when people would talk about them in the same sentence. JO used to just stick those long arms out and boom, rushers were done. You could see that the turf toe really affected him when Freeney came along. He just wasn't able to plant and crash down inside to counter the spin move the way he used to.

If the story about Ogden was true, being frugal with his money, his early retirement probably saved him from new injuries. He's living the dream many wanted, Make that money early and retire early to enjoy it. He was the rock for the Ravens in that position, now all we get is pebbles.

The concussion hopefully is over with, let's see .

Blog Entries

Walter Jones was up there with JO. They are 1 and 1A. Both were 1st ballot Hall of Fame Tackles