Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516
    Blog Entries

Re: MNF. Eagles at Falcons

Torrey Smith 1 catch. Who is shocked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Torrey Smith 1 catch. Who is shocked?
    Shocked is the wrong word but I was surprised. Torrey's speed against Terrence Newman was a huge mismatch. I thought the 49ers would exploit that one all game. They didn't even try. That's a very strange offense they're using.

Xavier Rhodes is one of the more underrated Corners in the league. I'm not surprised Torrey struggled against him.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Xavier Rhodes is one of the more underrated Corners in the league. I'm not surprised Torrey struggled against him.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Rhodes seemed to spend a lot of time on Boldin and Vernon Davis. I do think if Torrey was beating Newman deep constantly they would put Rhodes on him more but they weren't even doing a lot of those routes with Torrey. There was definitely some missed opportunities for the 49ers offense but since Hyde was just demolishing the Vikings I doubt they care. That spin move on the 9ers 1st touchdown was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Shocked is the wrong word but I was surprised. Torrey's speed against Terrence Newman was a huge mismatch. I thought the 49ers would exploit that one all game. They didn't even try. That's a very strange offense they're using.
    I did make a comment on this in pre-season 49ers are going to muscle up on offense and play for the defense to win the game. Back to the Singletary mentality (Tomsula was a coach for him.). Typical meathead from Pittsburgh approach which is what Tom-foola is..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans