Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marty Ball in B'More?

This topic may have been broached while I was out of town and away from the boards, but what about Marty Schottenheimer coming to Baltimore?

I know about his style in the post season and his ego is about as big as BB's. I really dont have an opinion either way, but I think it at least deserves consideration. The players in San Diego seemed to really like him. We dont have an asshole owner so I dont think that issue will come to play like it did in SD.

He is a traditional coach in the sense he will run first then pass -- Something I think we all agree we need with the addition of McGahee.

Thoughts?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Marty Ball in B'More?

I think I am very anxiously awaiting the posters railing on Billick about post-season failures to respond. Then again, I may have just woken them up to the incredible stupidity it would take to support Marty Ball over Billick Ball given those post-season comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think I am very anxiously awaiting the posters railing on Billick about post-season failures to respond. Then again, I may have just woken them up to the incredible stupidity it would take to support Marty Ball over Billick Ball given those post-season comments.
    Good point ....

But there is such a derth of coaches out there right now, maybe BB is the man for the next few years. Marty does have regular season success but his post season record is putrid.

By the way, I cant believe I pulled a word like derth this early in the morning. :insane:

I wouldnt want Marty or Billick..

BTW: Billick hasnt won a playoff game since 2001 and is 0-3 since

BRain's not leaving for a couple of years. So to that i say Let rick call plays and see if he can do better.

Didn't we beat the Chargers last year because they played Marty-Ball in the 2nd half against us?

No thanks.

I happen to like Marty but he's no upgrade over Billick. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Didn't we beat the Chargers last year because they played Marty-Ball in the 2nd half against us?

No thanks.
    Yes and we will do it again this year without Marty!!

Just say NO to Marty ChokenHeimer.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Good point ....

But there is such a derth of coaches out there right now, maybe BB is the man for the next few years. Marty does have regular season success but his post season record is putrid.

By the way, I cant believe I pulled a word like derth this early in the morning. :insane:
    You also had a "dearth " of spelling... Too early in the am!

I say you give billick some more time. The season is not over and we have plenty of time to turn things around. If we were to get rid of him last year and the superbowl year in mid season you'd all be wrong about replacing him. We have a chance to force a first place tie in our division. Lets let this play out. I have faith in Billick.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    You also had a "dearth " of spelling... Too early in the am!
    It's spelled both ways, smarty mcsmartison!